Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What joy, the children have ring worm (i think). Can I just buy an over the counter cream?

(8 Posts)
Nbg Sun 08-Jul-07 19:27:20

I'm sure thats what it is anyway.

DS's looks like someone has pressed a 5 pence piece on his arm.
DD's looks a bit different, in that its about the size of a 2p piece but just an outline on the side of her torso.

NHS call back is over 3 hrs so dont expect to hear from them tonight but I'll go an get some cream tomorrow from the chemist if I can.

Nbg Sun 08-Jul-07 19:35:07

anyone?

Nbg Sun 08-Jul-07 19:58:44

there must be someone who'll admit they've had it!

juuule Sun 08-Jul-07 20:03:25

Ringworm is a fungal infection. I should think it could be treated with an antifungal cream such as Canestan.

Nbg Sun 08-Jul-07 20:23:59

Right Canestan, that sounds easy enough.
Thanks

Donk Sun 08-Jul-07 20:47:45

I caught ringworm off a horse when I was working on a stable yard. I just used an over the counter antifungal cream to treat it - and it cleared up quite quickly.
Make sure that you are all using separate towels etc - and wash them at 60C or higher. It is highly infectious!

DUSTIN Sun 08-Jul-07 20:53:42

I caught ringworm from a cat at work. I went to the doctor and he gave me Canestan. After applying the cream put a plaster over the lesion to stop the fungal spores from spreading.

Nbg Mon 09-Jul-07 08:24:38

I'll go and get some today.

For some reason though I cant seem to see ds's this morning.
DD's is still there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now