Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

11 mth old,,, big toe nail hanging off!! blerugh WHAT TO DO????

(7 Posts)
pucca Sun 08-Jul-07 18:30:13

I havent notice that my ds had banged his toe or anything certainly hasnt been bruised or anything, thought it looked a bit "white" the other day instead of pinky, but just kept checking it etc.

Today noticed the whole nail has come away (big toe) but is still attached at the bottom <blerugh> what can i do? it definately seems sore, he pulls away if you go near it, is it likely to get infected? should i take him GP first thing?

Dont know what on earth he has done, he is crawling though and a bit of a nutter for climbing, typical boy!

pucca Sun 08-Jul-07 18:48:26

anyone?

oooggs Sun 08-Jul-07 18:51:46

ds1 bit his toenails last week and there was a bit hanging off so he pulled it. He hardly slept that night complaining his toe hurt, but I couldn't see anything bad about it. In the morning it was swollen and infected. So up to drs for antibiotics. It is the bit that is still attatched that will cause the problem unless it falls off naturally, with is probably unlikey, it will get pulled off or rubbed off in bed.

pucca Sun 08-Jul-07 18:54:06

Thanks oooggs....so to the dreaded docs we go, thing is prob won't get a appointment until about Friday!

oooggs Sun 08-Jul-07 18:56:39

all should be ok until the nail get pulled off by ds, don't you do it

pucca Sun 08-Jul-07 19:10:01

I have put a plaster on it for now to stop it getting caught, makes me feel far too queasy for me to even think about pulling it off myself...NO THANKS yuck lol.

Would you tell a little white fib and say its urgent to the lovely kind hearted reception staff at docs? or will it be ok to leave for a few days?

Thanks oooggs

oooggs Mon 09-Jul-07 21:21:42

how is ds? Yes I would have said it was urgent, to ds and I it was.

sorry it has taken so long to get back to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now