Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR Booster - Help!

(5 Posts)
Amandella Sun 08-Jul-07 17:02:56

My dd2 had her first MMR jab and was terribly sick - really, really ill and almost admitted to hospital. We ended up in A&E twice and she had to have a drip as she became very dehydrated. It took her at least 10 days to get over it. She's never been a sickly child before (or since) and now at the age of 3.5 I've just had a note from the GP to say she's due the MMR booster... and I'm petrified. I don't want to put her through this again and I heard somewhere that it was possible to get a blood test to see if the original MMR jab had given her immunity? Has anyone heard or have experience of this or of giving booster jabs as individual ones? We live in S.W London so not sure if anyone can recommend anywhere we could go to?
Thanks!

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Sun 08-Jul-07 17:14:09

Direct HEalth 2000 (www.dh2000.co.uk or .com). I think they also do immunity tests in addition to SepVax.

Hulababy Sun 08-Jul-07 21:36:57

As we felt DD had reacted badly to her first MMR we asked for more guidance before going ahead with the booster. Why not ask to speak to your community peadiatrician, who will be able to give you more information and possibly point you in the right direction of further help.

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Sun 08-Jul-07 23:48:49

Hula, may I ask what guidence did you received? My GP wouldn't even acknowledge DS may have had a problem with his vaccines even when he had a bad time with all of them, and even made it to hospital for the last one.

I have been delaying the MMR booster as I would like to get at least a bit of reasurance that if things go wrong again they are not just going to dismiss us with the phrase "all vaccines are perfectly safe". Or at least find more info on what are we getting DS into before agreeing for him to have them.

alipiggie Sun 08-Jul-07 23:52:17

I would get advice and delay it. I opted to have single vaccines for the first round and my ds1 had the MMR Booster aged 5. He suffered no ill-effects whatsoever thank goodness. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now