Talk

Advanced search

Orange sweat?!

(11 Posts)
FrankiesKnuckle Thu 07-Mar-19 16:41:13

Clearly it's not normal but it's what I woke up to today.
A large patch on a clean, white sheet.
A definite orangey tinge where my upper body had been.

I do not use fake tan, nor the gradual moisturizers.

I have for some time wondered if I'm Perimenopausal, (I'm 44) no change to my periods but my previous asymptomatic cycle has changed in the last 6 months to erratic heavy bloating and extreme breast tenderness, some months I'm fine though.

I completed dry January and have stopped drinking at home completely. I've had 2 nights out since where I drank probably 10-12 units each time. I wasn't dependent previously but found my 'cheeky glass of wine treat' was turning into 3/4 nights a week and also into 2 or 3 glasses or more.
I've also fallen into taking an antihistamine each night to sleep (doxylamine) for the last 2/3 months.

Of course I've consulted Dr google and frankly I've scared myself shitless.
I'll be making an appt tomorrow I'm just searching for any other experiences really!

OP’s posts: |
ideasofmarch Thu 07-Mar-19 16:44:22

What clothes were you wearing yesterday? I got freaked out by blue-tinged thighs once - turned out to be the new jeans I'd been wearing, and the dye had come off on me.

FrankiesKnuckle Thu 07-Mar-19 17:07:50

No, not clothes - wearing old jeans and a blue jumper yesterday.
And I don't wear anything in bed.

I have had some night sweats, but never this noticeable colour!

My window is always open and I have a light duvet. I'm stumped (and slightly freaking out).

FrankiesKnuckle Thu 07-Mar-19 20:15:47

Bumping for the evening crowd.....

Nautiloid Thu 07-Mar-19 20:17:29

A Google brought up Chromhidrosis.

Nemesia Thu 07-Mar-19 20:18:52

Do you ever have berrocca tablets? I know they can turn your wee orange, not sure about the sweat.

Nautiloid Thu 07-Mar-19 20:20:29

Though I suppose shirts can get yellowy armpits from sweat mixed with deodorant.

FrankiesKnuckle Thu 07-Mar-19 20:33:35

Yes I came across Chromhydrosis too, amongst other things.
I'm freaking out slightly as two very good friends of mine have cancer.
Both the same age, different cancers rare almost.
One is dying, unlikely to see this month out.
Im not one for health anxiety, but I am worried.

Nautiloid Fri 08-Mar-19 06:41:54

I would just ring your GP.

hannah1992 Fri 08-Mar-19 06:50:03

If it puts your mind at rest my mum's DH has chromhydrosis. It's not harmful in any way at all.

Sometime he sweats out yellow/orange colours and can be blue/black too. Only ever In bed too so doesn't appear on his clothes.

Only issue it causes is the washing of the bedding

Lilythepink3 Mon 03-Jun-19 20:57:54

Have heard high iron levels can cause this. Can also change skin colour. Doc can do an iron studies blood test to check.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »