Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

so at last we have a date......

(6 Posts)
shhhh Sat 07-Jul-07 22:16:42

For ds's reversal of his stoma.
Its booked in for the end of august when ds will be around 29 weeks old.

Part of me is estatic that we finnaly have an end to the shit we have endured since ds was born. That we can finally have our ds back to how we visualised how he and life would be before he was born. To hopefully not see nurses sometimes 2/3 times a week and to finally have all this concerns and worry lifted from our shoulders.

BUT another part of me is scared. Scared that I won't be able to cope with "normality" (of course I can cope..I have done it all before with dd aged 2) and scared that atm I have help on hand in the form of nurses when and if I need it..come the operation, this help will decrease.
I also worry about ds's future and whether his illness has affected him in any other way...

Selfish I know, that ds is on the mend when there are so many lo's who aren't. . BUT suppose I am just glad to eventually get my little boy well..

Califrau Sat 07-Jul-07 22:28:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shhhh Sat 07-Jul-07 22:39:18

thanks califrau.

Suppose I also know that we have yet another mountain to climb before ds is "fixed". Apparently this operation is major and could see him in hospital for around 2 weeks....Im thinking positive and hoping he's better than average and is out in days..

mummytosteven Sat 07-Jul-07 22:51:35

don't know much about this at all, just wish you and DS all the best with the op and for a speedy recovery.

mymatemax Sun 08-Jul-07 09:23:53

I hope all goes well
A friends ds had his stoma reversed at a similar age (he was prem & had a perforated bowel at a week old). Her ds was out of hospital in 5 days & has been completely fine ever since.

shhhh Sun 08-Jul-07 21:12:07

m2s & mmm thanks for your comments. I so hope ds is one of the lucky ones who is in and out of hospital quickly.

Well, ds was born with hirschsprungs (nerves missing from the lower part of his bowel) and was operated on at 7 weeks old. The operation went well BUT days later he developed an infection in his bowel and due to the surgery and stitches etc the best way forward was to give him a stoma. Must admit I felt like my life had ended when it was fitted. BUT im still here 14 weeks later..It doesn't sound that long ago when it was fitted BUT believe me its felt like an eternity.

We haven't had a holiday since the holiday when ds was conceived and that was only a weekend abroard so after 14 months of not feeling the sun on our faces etc I think its about time we go away! Believe me, when its all done dh, dd,ds and I are off..!! . Thats my aim atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now