Talk

Advanced search

The back of it....L5S1 drama

(5 Posts)
minimalist99 Tue 26-Feb-19 20:44:41

I have had a history of back pain issues and pelvic pain after i gave birth to my DS 4 years ago. I had a DD soon after him and the back pain issues existed but were manageable. I did visit a couple of chiropractors over this period and was referred to a NHS physio.

Just before xmas I started experiencing the most excruciating pain in my back and running down the back of my left leg it was terrible. I managed through out xmas with zapain and ibuprofen religously. I had an appointment with physio after new year, was immediately refered to a&e and had a MRI.

MRI findings were that basically stating that the nerve root leading from my spine to my leg is being pinched l5s1. The pain hasnt got any better. I was told to have a cortison steriod injection but I am worried it will get worst as I was told by the dr that in some patients it gets worst. Please advise me if you have had any experience with this.

Tia

OP’s posts: |
minimalist99 Tue 26-Feb-19 23:25:59

Anyone???

digerd Wed 27-Feb-19 08:50:28

Yes I know a few people who have had the steroid injection but they said it did not work not that it got worse. However, they were all elderly people,

minimalist99 Sun 03-Mar-19 21:09:33

Thanks digerd

minimalist99 Tue 26-Mar-19 19:23:44

?????

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »