Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Question about babys and back teeth

(27 Posts)
SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:08:29

Hi,

My DD3 is 14m. She has 4 teeth at the front (2 top, 2 bottom) and a couple more that we can see just under teh gum surface.

Earlier today I noticed that she had what I thought was an ulcer at the back and top on her gumline. I had a bit of a prod and feel around and there is a tooth (presumably a molar/premolar?) that has cut the surface under this flap of skin.....anyone experienced this?

marymoocow Thu 05-Jul-07 14:11:09

No idea, but didn't want you to be on your own, as you were kind enough to reply to mine . Maybe when the tooth finally comes all the way through it (the flap) will fall off?

nailpolish Thu 05-Jul-07 14:11:59

that sounds ok to me

i rmember the dentist muttering about flaps fo gum when my dds were visiting him

nailpolish Thu 05-Jul-07 14:12:18

but you need to brush the 'flaps' gently as food can easy get trapped

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:12:51

Yeah, the flap is really loose and looks sore (she has been pulling her food fromt eh back of her moouth recently and now we know why).

I was just worried about the sequence of her teeth coming through and whether the ones ion between would get squashed at all?

nailpolish Thu 05-Jul-07 14:13:37

scones - take her to the dentist to ease your mind

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:13:45

Good point Naily. Will make sure I brush the back too.

littlelapin Thu 05-Jul-07 14:13:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nailpolish Thu 05-Jul-07 14:14:33

the flap is maybe sore cos food is trapped and started to rot (god that sounds mingin sorry) and it can get infected

littlelapin Thu 05-Jul-07 14:14:47

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:15:00

But LL - where they out of sequence coming through. Thats the bit I am more worried about than the flappy bit.

nailpolish Thu 05-Jul-07 14:15:30

im not sure about the sequence - have you taken her to the dentist?

littlelapin Thu 05-Jul-07 14:18:24

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:18:51

No - I have only noticed it this morning.

Will make her an appointment.

littlelapin Thu 05-Jul-07 14:19:13

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:20:30

What I mean is - she has 2 top front teeth. 2top teeth just under the gum and then a big gap and then this molar/pre-molar that has now cut the surface.

I thought they came through in sequence front to back without gaps.

littlelapin Thu 05-Jul-07 14:21:57

marymoocow Thu 05-Jul-07 14:22:30

Now see how come everyone has become a tooth expert all of a sudden, but still haven't answered my question lol.
Think one of my dc (possibly the one that i have a QUESTION about), did have his come at different times to the norm (he has certainly lost them differently). Like everyone else has suggested you could take her to the dentist, but i'm not sure what they could do until they had all come through. That doesn't mean they couldn't do anything btw. As you can see i know nothing about teeth. (sorry about trying to get a bit of attention on your thread btw)

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:22:56

Thanks LL, the link was helpful

Its a bit of a pain as the rest of us were at a checkup last week and we were told that DD£ didn't need to be checked until she had more than 4 teeth (so we opted not too)

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:24:06

LOL MaryMOOCow...sorry for stealing your attention....

I answered you (but I obviously don't know about teeth

littlelapin Thu 05-Jul-07 14:25:27

littlelapin Thu 05-Jul-07 14:26:07

marymoocow Thu 05-Jul-07 14:27:26

Don't think you stole anything . Nobody was answering me anyway {going for sympathy vote in pathetic hope that someone else might eventually look]

Oh and thanks once again for your one reply. Hope you feel a bit more reassured about your dd

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:27:33

They ddin't specify that 4 was the limit. We just said she only has 4 so they said she didn't need to be seen until she had 'more'.

DTDs weren't seen until they were at least 2

marymoocow Thu 05-Jul-07 14:28:05

thanks for looking anyway LL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now