Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Question about testicles...

(13 Posts)
theUrbanDryad Wed 04-Jul-07 21:43:27

am posting this on behalf of dh, he has a very sore left testicle. he describes it as feeling like jumping into cold water and it retracting. bless him.

anyone have any advice? i think he should go see gp...

binkleandflip Wed 04-Jul-07 21:44:29

defo. Always get checked.

moo Wed 04-Jul-07 21:44:39

My advice would be the same as yours - make an appointment with the GP!

Frizbe Wed 04-Jul-07 21:45:05

Yep I'd send him to the GP, my dh thinks he should go too!

ChipButty Wed 04-Jul-07 21:47:50

See GP without delay - no need for embarrassment.

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Wed 04-Jul-07 21:48:05

My dh had a sore testicle too

His felt ice cold he said.

It swelled up and got twisted and had to be removed

He'd best go to the doc asap.

Dh said to ask him if he has any pain in his back? As that is where his pain started.

MollyCoddle Wed 04-Jul-07 21:48:13

How long has it been happening? If it's v recent I would actually suggest A&E.

theUrbanDryad Wed 04-Jul-07 21:49:23

no pain in back. the trouble is he struggles to get time off work cause his boss is a bit mental.

MollyCoddle Wed 04-Jul-07 21:50:00

I should add that DS had a twisted testicle when he was 9 weeks old and nearly lost it (still don;t know if it will be functional). So I'm over cautious when it comes to testicles(!). Torsions are very rare outside of the neonatal and teen age groups though.

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Wed 04-Jul-07 22:05:08

Well my dh was 24 when it happened!!

He doesn't have a testicle there now Just the one. They did offer to replace it with a rubber one... bu we declined

MollyCoddle Wed 04-Jul-07 22:07:33

Helen - the rubber ball could have been quite a party-piece, no? And yes, I know it can happen outside of the typical age groups, but was just not wanting to sound too scare-mongery iykwim.

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Thu 05-Jul-07 13:47:54

TUD, did your fella go & get checked out???

MC, hadn't thought of the possible party piece with the rubber ball Damn it!

MollyCoddle Thu 05-Jul-07 21:01:18

Oi TUD - is your DH ok? Need to know whther I can lower the global testicle alert level back down from critical to severe.

<<off to save more testicles around the world>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: