Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

am i right to keep him off milk?

(6 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Wed 04-Jul-07 11:17:56

to cut a very long story short, DS2 has always had problems in his bowel. was very bloated and hardly ever passed wind. He also found it tricky to actually poo as i think it caused him alot of pain so he stopped himself doing it.

I swapped him from cows milk to goats milk and then from goat's milk to soya milk and have noticed a HUGE improvement. His stomach is now squishy and he isn't bloated. his acid burn like nappy rash has completely gone and although he still struggles a little pooing, i think its more of a habit than anything else.

When i said to the DR today that i had swapped his milk over she basically said that i was creating problems for later on if i started eliminating things from his diet.however, i have a 2 year old that 7/8 week ago would not even pass wind that now giggles like a loony when he 'trumps'. he is happier, in less pain and i can change his nappy without screams.

is it coincidence? or am i justified in keeping him off the milk?

I have to point out that its only milk i have changed. he doesn't eat cheese, and the yoghurts he has are so small that i decided to keep them in anyway. I have also swapped our ice cream to a soya one. we don't have it that often anyway and its much nicer!!

nailpolish Wed 04-Jul-07 11:19:09

i think you have done the right thing

MerlinsBeard Wed 04-Jul-07 11:24:12

ty nailpolish.

and sorry for such a long post!

MerlinsBeard Fri 06-Jul-07 21:24:31

Bumping for more opinions

Tipex Fri 06-Jul-07 21:28:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MerlinsBeard Fri 06-Jul-07 21:35:31

if we go bck because of the same thing they will refer him to Paeds. its been going on since he was born pretty much. he was labelled a colicy baby

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: