Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mouth ulcers - hand foot and mouth - how can we treat it.

(2 Posts)
forevermore Wed 04-Jul-07 10:23:14

dd has hand foot and mouth virus. the spots hand feet and bum area have started to scab over, which i presume is a good sign? the fever has gone. but there is a mouth 'ulcer' on tip of tongue which means that she still cannot eat. it has been there since saturday and am worried about limited food intake. she is only having about 400 calories (couple of slices of bread and yougurt) a day now and drinks. i have been using calgel, is there anything else i could use.

i am pulling my hair out now. is it normal to have this thing persist for 4 days now?

how long can she continue to eat so little?

any help much appreciated

MingMingtheWonderPet Wed 04-Jul-07 21:52:41

Ds has had hand, foot and mouth. It was his mouth that was most badly affected. Unfortunately it really is just a matter of time, the symptoms will pass. Ds missed nursery for a week.
What about ice lollies? (maybe freeze some Innocent Smoothie in ice cubes and let her just suck them, that way she will be getting some calories)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now