Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i've found a lump in my perinium

(7 Posts)
devonsmummy Wed 04-Jul-07 09:21:08

Bit embarrassing but I found a lump yesterday when going for a wee. DS is 7 mths old and have only just recovered down there (tears & stitches from birth)and don't relish the thought of going to doc's to be prodded around.

I know I should go to doc's but can't bring myself to go. DH says make the appointment, I say wait a few days to see if it goes down.

What do you think?

lilymolly Wed 04-Jul-07 10:21:10

could just be scar tissue.
My perineum is was very lumpy for about a year then settles down but I found a flap of skin like a skin tag which I think was caused when they stiched me, up, it causes no pain and I can do things as normal, i.e sex,tampons etc.

I would get it checked just to put your mind at rest. HTH

moopymoo Wed 04-Jul-07 10:24:00

was going to say scar tissue too. im all lumpy bumpy round there (lovely)from stitches still after 3 years. get it checked prob good for piece of mind though.

devonsmummy Wed 04-Jul-07 10:28:20

it's a lump that has just appeared so don't think it scar tissue - its white.

Will give it a couple of days and call docs

Thanks

lilymolly Wed 04-Jul-07 11:00:16

is it sore? could it be infected and hence why it is white?

devonsmummy Wed 04-Jul-07 12:59:25

yes it is sore - thats how I noticed it. I do hope it's not infected although it doesn't feel any worse than yesterday.

Will leave it until tomorrow and may gove in and call docs!

lilymolly Wed 04-Jul-07 13:08:51

GO TO THE DOCTORS

please ????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now