Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please can you talk to me about Wisdom teeth pain after having them extracted?

(6 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Wed 04-Jul-07 08:20:27

I had mine out on thursday under GA, I went to the doctors yesterday and got some anti biotics which means that so far this morning i have had 2 paramol, 2 iprobrufen and 2 amoxacillin and it still hurts! I'm rinsing with listerine and putting anbesol on but that just hurts more because im applying slight pressure when applying it.

So what i want to know is roughly how long will this go on for and is there anything else i could/ should be doing?

BettySpaghetti Wed 04-Jul-07 08:25:29

Hi there LMG -I partly know where you're coming from as I had 1 out at the dentist yesterday. However (touching wood when I type this) mine isn't too painful at the moment.

One thing the dentist said to watch out for is "dry socket" which can be incredibly painful (its when the blood clot in the hole dislodges and the hole becomes infected).

Hopefully a dentist/dental nurse will come and advise in a mo but in the meantime do a search on Mumsnet for "dry socket" and you'll see advice from MN dentists to other MNers.

Hope you feel better soon

NoodleStroodle Wed 04-Jul-07 08:41:37

I have had 2 out in the chair and was warned about "dry socket" but didn't suffer.

What I can say is that when I had the last one out I realised that the impacted wisdom tooth had made me grumpy for the last few years! I am a completely different person now and sooooo much happier!

Chattyhan Wed 04-Jul-07 08:51:07

I had 3 wisdom teeth out under GA and didn't suffer with much discomfort at all. Once they were out the pain was gone. I did have to suffer for 8 months on and off with infections whilst pregnant so i can sympathise with the discomfort. Hope you feel better soon xx

LIZS Wed 04-Jul-07 09:19:24

Who suggested Lysterine , I'd have thought that Corsodyl might be better or salty water rinses as hot as you can bear(both of which I had after a dental op). dh got stronger painkillers from gp too after his wisdom teeth, I used paracetamol and codeine following my op.

LoveMyGirls Wed 04-Jul-07 11:56:42

I asked the doctor about mouthwash or salty water and she said both do the same job but mouthwash tastes better, she didn't say what kind so i just happened to pick listerine, some difflam would have been good but don't think you can get it over the counter and didnt think to ask for it at the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now