Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

night time wind???

(2 Posts)
yellowbean Tue 03-Jul-07 22:49:17

dd2 is 8 months, and is waking frequently during the evening, we think cos she has wind... i go to her pick up etc and sometimes she burps somehimes not. then settles again for a while, till eventually she needs a feed aboiut 11 and then i go to bed with her. and shes fine for rest of night. i give her gripe water which sometimes seems to help. on nights when i can get herto burp before i put her down she seems to sleep better but other nights i just cant get any wind up before she nods off... what can i try to sort this? i need my evenings?... (dd1 was like this too,,,, turned out to be food intolerances)

PrettyCandles Wed 04-Jul-07 07:03:04

I find that if I give my 8mo ds2 a fruit and veg based supper he's more likely to have a lrestless night and will almost definitely poo between 5 and 6am. This doesn't tend to happen if I give him a meat and carbs based supper.

Fennel tea is excellent for wind genereated in the bowels (as opposed to wind gulped down). You could have a sippy cup of it available ot your dd throughout the day, isntead of water.

What does she drink from, especially in the evening? Non-droip cups can lead to wind, as the baby has to suck hard like on a bottle and teat. Similarly, free-flowing cups can also lead to wind, as the liquid may flow too quickly for the baby to cope with and they gulp too much to o fast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now