Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you ever have a bikini wax without having showered??

(10 Posts)
HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Tue 03-Jul-07 20:22:38

I did today

It was a very last minute thing. I hadn't planned on having a wax as I have never had one before.

But I had a hair appointment and the beautician was right above and she was only newly opened and was offering 50% off all waxes

I had legs, bikini and eyebrows done.

I had a shower yesterday evening but as I had a morning appointment I didn't shower before going out... now I am worried that no-one else has done this!

I know I'm not smelly... but if I had known and planned to get my bikini line done then I would have at least had a wash!

So, I guess my question is.. am I a smelly bitch??

lilymolly Tue 03-Jul-07 20:33:18

Noooooooo, I would never have done this, but I am ultra sensitive about smells
I would always wash just before going for a smear/examination/wax etc, the same as I would brush my teeth before going to the dentist

However there is NO WAY ON THIS EARTH I ever have my bikini line waxed, I am far too much of a wimp, I can only just tolerate getting eye brows waxed

Dont worry though, what is done is done...

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Tue 03-Jul-07 20:36:07

Oh crikey... I would deffo wash/shower & polish before a smear!

It's just that the wax was so entirely unexpected!!!!

It was very sore though

And her face wasn't very near that area...

Chirpygirl Tue 03-Jul-07 20:36:10

Before last week I would have said that's nasty, BUT last week I had to go into hospital to be checked as I was bleeding (am 6 months pregnant and it started while I was out so didn't havea chance to get home and wash!), and was given an internal exam, and I hadn't showered.....so I know exactly how you feel!

(actually, no, mine was worse!)

donnie Tue 03-Jul-07 20:36:53

oh piss off stinkyminge.

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Tue 03-Jul-07 20:37:36

Had you showered the day before chirpygirl?

<hope all is well with the pregnancy after the bleeding?>

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Tue 03-Jul-07 20:38:26

Syinkyminge

How very dare you!

As I said, I had showered last night just before bed!

Chirpygirl Tue 03-Jul-07 20:41:03

Yes, but in the morning!
I had a dilemma, do I go home and wash or do I go straight to hospital in case something is seriously wrong.....next time I will ask to use showers in the wards!

(and everything is fine thanks for asking!)

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Tue 03-Jul-07 20:51:57

Glad all is well

I wouldn't have thought to ask to use showers, all you were concerned about was your unborn baby.

All I was concerned about was my imminent holiday and how my bikini would look with 2 inches of black bush hanging out each side

lilymolly Tue 03-Jul-07 21:21:00

HA HA DP like to call mine epping forest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now