Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful Periods

(5 Posts)
lulabelle Tue 03-Jul-07 11:40:44

I have been on the Norimin pill for almost 2 years, prior to that I have never had regular periods, one in one year is not uncommon for me! The problem is for the two days after stopping the pill I'am unbearable, I get down, don't want to go to work I feel awful, boobs horrendously sore and stomach cramps and headaches as well as being a total dragon! Then when it starts I feel better but the blood loss is really heavy and I mean coming through clothes with night time maxi towels heavy. I'm thinking about going to see GP but as I'm not used to periods is this just normal? Could it be that the pill doesn't suit me? I have PCOS as well so not sure how that affects things. Any advice? x

Peachy Tue 03-Jul-07 11:48:53

Not normal no, you should see the GP_ could well be PCOS related. Anoher avenue (after GP checkup) would be a herbalist, i've heard good things about dong quai (sp) for these rpoblems but would have to check out how it works with PCOS.

lulabelle Tue 03-Jul-07 12:05:16

Thanks peachy, I thought it was best to go. I will make an appointment.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 03-Jul-07 14:36:34

Lulubelle

Do make an appointment with a GP - with a view to getting a referral to a gynae.

You should be evaluated for both endometriosis and fibroids. Both can cause pain and heavy bleeding.

PCOS in itself would not be the root cause of the pains and such like.

I would go all out to getting a diagnosis first and foremost before even going anywhere near a herbalist (certainly do not self medicate as some of these things can make PCOS worse).

lulabelle Tue 03-Jul-07 15:18:11

AttilaTheMeerkat, thanks for your post. I have had cramps with periods before so that pain doesn't worry me so much, I also had a cyst that caused me some pain as it got large but luckily it burst before I had to have it removed! I was told I had endometriosis before I had the dc's but when I mentioned it when pg with DS1 I was told that this was a misdiagnosis?? I will go back and see GP, can't get an appt until next week. I just feel so drained and tired but at least I don't feel murderous today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now