Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Half a bottle of wine a night...oh, and then a beer please...

(3 Posts)
UnitCounter Mon 02-Jul-07 15:43:02

Hi. Ive been reading the Dependant Drinkers thread and really feel for everyone trying to kick the habit.
I need to cut down - Im worrying about it all day every day and sometimes during the night too.
I go to see friends in the morning and I worry that they can smell last nights wine on my breath.
I have tried pathetically the last two weeks to not drink Mon-Thurs and drink less at the weekend, but its been crap. DH always asks if I want anything and I dont have the strength and resolve to say No. I always say - I will if you are. Pathetic and crap.
I managed 3 nights in a row two weeks ago - not a unit passed my lips and I had such a bag on every evening. It could have been pre-menstrual but I know it wasnt all that.
Is anyone else trying the same stuff right now? Do they need someone to talk to?

FioFio Mon 02-Jul-07 15:45:14

Message withdrawn

FireFaerie Mon 02-Jul-07 15:46:52

Im the same... right down to the excuse....
It is pethetic. I come in from work, DP says 'Ive had a hard day im having a bottle of whisky, shall i get half or do you want to share it?' I then think 'Ive had a hard day too, and im not sitting with him sober whilst he gets merry and then annoys me' etc etc etc... Im starting to think i need to break the chain

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: