Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Upper Fourth at Celery Towers - 10 / 10 club - All welcome

(620 Posts)
FrannyandZooey Mon 02-Jul-07 08:36:02

For anyone who wants a boost to their general health. The suggested goals are:

EAT 10 PORTIONS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES EVERY DAY - if you don't usually eat much fruit and veg I would build up gradually or you could upset your digestion.

DO (AT LEAST) 10 MINUTES OF EXERCISE EVERY DAY - can be yoga, stretching or something more energetic. The plan is that the idea of doing 10 minutes is not too daunting, and having started you may well find you want to do more.

There are no restrictions on what you eat so long as you get your 10 fruit and veg as well. The focus is not on weight loss but on improving our energy levels and hopefully our general mood and well-being. Sign up below and post here to tell us how you're getting on and how you are feeling.

Basic guidance on what constitutes a portion of fruit and veg here and you can download more detailed information by following the link at the very bottom of the page

FrannyandZooey Mon 02-Jul-07 08:38:53

I would like to point out RIGHT NOW that the title is by Greensleeves (before I get 300 people coming on saying "good title" and I have to keep saying "it was Greeny" )

Avi I haven't got the photos yet as they are on a friend's camera, but I will post them for sure

Have eaten melon (overripe - bleh), apple, pear, kiwis, and raisins

Professorfilthymindedvixen Mon 02-Jul-07 08:59:42

great title Franny

talcy0 Mon 02-Jul-07 09:15:00

grapes

Boco Mon 02-Jul-07 09:22:41

grapes, strawberries and blueberries so far.

Yesterday i had the 10 / 10 at last!

Had beetroot, carrot, tomato, spinach, butternut squash, cabbage, parsnips, nectarine, apple, strawberries. Hooray.

talcy0 Mon 02-Jul-07 09:25:18

making me look bad, boco

lionheart Mon 02-Jul-07 09:34:15

Hello.

Cool title, Franny.

talcy0 Mon 02-Jul-07 09:35:01

<<goes back to observe title>>

talcy0 Mon 02-Jul-07 09:35:35

Yes....great title franny!

Boco Mon 02-Jul-07 09:38:54

Greeeny greeeeny! Great title greeny!

TooTicky Mon 02-Jul-07 10:21:28

Okay, photos on my profile but probably just for today

Franny, can you do the butternut/pea one next week? Please? (or should that be peas?)

I want to do this. But I never have enough veg in.. and if I eat that amount myself, then there won't be enough to feed the kids at tea time.

That cake is amazing TooTicky.. wow! [awed expression]

Am off to eat apple.. it's a start.

Professorfilthymindedvixen Mon 02-Jul-07 10:27:32

Toot - that cake is splendiferous <<Bows Down>>

TooTicky Mon 02-Jul-07 10:28:18

Thanks Shiny
I find it easier to eat a variety of veg now that we have a veg box delivered - if it's there, you eat it and it stops me getting stuck in a same-old-meals rut.

Professorfilthymindedvixen Mon 02-Jul-07 10:29:42

TT - what's the cake covering??? Is it icing or cream or...?

Boco Mon 02-Jul-07 10:35:00

TooTicky have you found a veg box with a good mix? We tried it but it was all cabbage - and swede - and never the regular veg which we then had to buy aswell. It got to the point where we had four cabbages in the fridge and nothing else and decided to give up.

TooTicky Mon 02-Jul-07 10:41:38

Icing. I was going to do something cunning with silken tofu but couldn't get any. Only a thin layer of icing though, with lots of vanilla.

Boco, we get our boxes from Riverford. I really like them because you can choose your box on the website and add extra items. Also, you can generally avoid an item you don't want.

FrannyandZooey Mon 02-Jul-07 12:49:57

Boco hoorah! Well done. You and Talcy can share the Best Newcomer Award

[unsure whether people are teasing about the title or not] IT IS GREENY'S TITLE, OK? and where the devil IS Greeny, anyway? [tetchy]

TooT the cake looks wonderful. What are the little sprinkly bits on it? I was hoping there was going to be a photo of you, I must admit. I want to see if you really do look exactly like a mixture of TooTicky and Tove J as I imagine you.

Shiny do join if you want to. Getting fruit and veg from a market or greengrocers is much cheaper than the supermarket stuff, and if you buy things in season you can make your money go quite a long way.

I have been to the gym: 25 mins on bike and cross trainer, and some weights

am eating black-eyed beans, cuc. tomato, celery, red pepper. Oh and a banana

Professorfilthymindedvixen Mon 02-Jul-07 12:53:00

(I was teasing, I'm not as thick as I come across on here...)

Boco Mon 02-Jul-07 12:54:31

Just had beetroot again (i'm loving beetroot atm) cucumber, spring onions and tomatoes.

Professorfilthymindedvixen Mon 02-Jul-07 12:55:04

I have a mental image of Ticky being small, dark, elfin-cheekboned, clever-looking and layered.

TooTicky Mon 02-Jul-07 12:55:32

Organic Sprinkles, Franny. You can get multi-coloured ones too.
No, I could never post a photo of me. My dcs are lovely but I am not, and even worse when captured on film.

FrannyandZooey Mon 02-Jul-07 12:55:51

Nonono I knew YOU were FMF, you winked. It was the others....

<and how can you say my plastic babies were SCARY, btw?? They are charming little darlings >

FrannyandZooey Mon 02-Jul-07 12:56:51

Ok then TooT just describe yourself

have you got the pudding bowl hairdo? Please say yes

and organic sprinkles? Ruddy HELL where do you get them from?

TooTicky Mon 02-Jul-07 12:56:52

Small, yes. Dark hair. Not sure about elfin. Layered?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now