Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Which Diet?

(5 Posts)
auntyspan Sun 01-Jul-07 09:24:19

Hi all,

I need to lose about 10lb before the end of next month due to wedding (not mine) - not sure what will shift it faster and keep it off for September....?
1: Atkins
2: Calorie Coutning
3: SlimFast
4: Any Other?

Any tips / receommendations would be great.

Thanks x

jimmyjamas Sun 01-Jul-07 09:29:03

reduce portion sizes and exercise every day. You should loose half a stone in 2 weeks.

ThomCat Sun 01-Jul-07 09:36:18

None of the above. Eat healthiy and sensibibly.
Don't eat packaged food. Fish, grilled chicken, rice, vegetables. Think about what goes into your mouth and is it good for you. If the answer is 'err no not really I suppose', don't eat it. Don't eat quite as much. snack on fruit (but not late int ehevening) nuts and healthy snacks only. Cut down drastically on alcohol, or cut out ltogehterif you can, no fizzy drinks.

Have a deent breakfast - smoothie (made yourself), muselis, nat yoghurt, try not to have too much bread. Dn't skip meals.

I lost 2 stone really quickly doing this. I then fell pregnant but that's another story!

Oh - and a book I liked to give me tasty healthy ideas for my dinner was the Food Doctor Diet book which is not about dieting but eating well.

TrinityRhino Sun 01-Jul-07 09:39:16

none of them
reduce portion size, exercise every day, cut down on very high fat foods, reduce alchohol intake maybe

dont do things that you can't carry on with forever
diets dont work
sensible healthy eating forever works

juuule Sun 01-Jul-07 09:47:36

By the end of next month? If it's only for 1 month then I would recommend the Cambridge Diet. If you do it for a month you will lose around a stone. After the month is up then I would say go with the more sensible options for keeping it off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now