Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone about.? DD constipated I think

(10 Posts)
DelGirl Sun 01-Jul-07 00:17:35

or has a tummy ache of sorts. She's never been constipated before but thats the only thing I can think it is. Unless its the start of another uti but she hasn't got a temperature.

Any remedies out there that i'm likely to have in my cupboard? I don't have any prunes! tia

DelGirl Sun 01-Jul-07 00:17:55

she's 2 btw

Desiderata Sun 01-Jul-07 00:19:03

Fresh beetroot. Boil it for hours.

That, however, is unlikely to be in your cupboard.

How old is dd?

Desiderata Sun 01-Jul-07 00:20:36

X-post

When was the last time she did a poo?

DelGirl Sun 01-Jul-07 00:23:46

yesterday. She's normally very regular, every day. She's crying every so often and is uncomfortable i'm sure. I've given her a cup of water.

Desiderata Sun 01-Jul-07 00:29:29

umm, definitely constipated then.

A little fruit juice? Of the adult variety, like cranberry, or orange.

And caress her tummy .. she'll like it, you'll like it .. the turd might like it!

DelGirl Sun 01-Jul-07 00:32:32

lol. dont have any juice apart from m&s high juice cranberry squash. will that do? I wonder if she has an irritation so i'm going to put her in the bath for a few minutes.

Desiderata Sun 01-Jul-07 00:37:28

Not a bad idea ... and a little drop of that juice.

Seriously, hot out the bath, do manipulate her stomach. She will like it. Even say the words if you want 'Poo, poo, go away, come again another day.' <yes, I know>

In the morning, melt some honey with water (kettle job), let it cool down, and give it to her. It will clear up any germs her constipation has left her with.

It's a temporary thing, but horribly uncomfortable.

DelGirl Sun 01-Jul-07 01:01:24

thanks . I didn't give her a bath, just soaked her with some luke warm water & cotton wool. She's drunk a large cup of cranberry & raspberry hi juice so hope that does the trick. right off to bed myself now. thanks

DelGirl Sun 01-Jul-07 01:02:06

oh and I did rub her tummy a bit, well a few seconds. She didn't want it done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now