Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

WTF is up with DS2?

(24 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Sat 30-Jun-07 08:40:44

He woke up this morning with icky stuff in his bed, which he said was blood that came from a scrape on his arm. It turned out, it was puke - he must have thrown up in the night without realising it.

It was foody puke.

And it was in his hair.

I've washed his hair, and sorted him out, but am not sure what's going on here. He ate breakfast, but seems a bit warm.

Chicken pox is doing the rounds here, but he has no spots.

BreeVanDerCamp Sat 30-Jun-07 08:41:54

Oh I hate it when they throw up in their sleep.

NotQuiteCockney Sat 30-Jun-07 08:57:56

He hates having his hair washed.

He seems ok, really. He's had a little bit of iboprofen.

MatNanPlus Sat 30-Jun-07 11:40:14

The spots can appear really quickly over a short space of time.

Check his shest and back thru the day but cpox is a strong contender.

I would give him regular meds to help the fever.

MatNanPlus Sat 30-Jun-07 11:40:38

chest that is

NotQuiteCockney Sat 30-Jun-07 11:41:18

Well, he had 2.5ml of baby iboprofen (It was a French bottle, which takes 1ml per kg? I think? I was playing it safe.) He seems fine now, has been running around with DS1. He's not feverish.

There were no spots on his torso this morning. I'll check again later.

NotQuiteCockney Sat 30-Jun-07 20:33:59

Still no spots. He was horrible today, though, tried to have a sleep, but got woken by the phone. He's now in bed, finally, happily. He didn't eat tea, either.

rantinghousewife Sat 30-Jun-07 20:36:30

Dd was poorly for a couple of days before the pox came out and the spots literally appeared out of nowhere, one minute they weren't there, the next they just sprang up.

rantinghousewife Sat 30-Jun-07 20:37:43

Bless him, hope he's better soon.

Posey Sat 30-Jun-07 20:43:35

Poor thing, at least he's sleeping now.
The biggest memory I have of Chicken Pox was puking at a Brownie Christmas do, and feeling rubbish for the next day or 2. Then the spots appeared, by which time I felt much better.

NotQuiteCockney Sat 30-Jun-07 20:52:11

I remember DS1 was poorly for the first day or two, and then horrid.

Helpfully, I am working at the co-op on Monday, and will need DS2 well to do that. I think I might start looking around for someone to do my shift, unless he is a world better tomorrow.

shhhh Sat 30-Jun-07 23:15:47

hope he is better soon...we though dd had cp a month or so ago. She is 2 and doesn't really mix with anyone to get it atm so we were quite surprised..turns out she was fine and we think it was a heat rash. We got calomine lotion in anyway..maybe an idea for you to do it.? Just incase.? Saves you having to go out when/if the spots do appear!?

xx

winestein Sat 30-Jun-07 23:22:01

I appear to be stalking you today
Just in case he does erupt into pox, a friend of mine is a paediatric nurse and says that they no longer recommend calamine for chicken pox - I really do need to get the explanation off her as I just took it at face value and dipped DS in bicarb and porridge baths as prescribed (which worked a treat).
Hope he feels better soon in any case.

shhhh Sat 30-Jun-07 23:25:14

thats worth knowing..but bi carB and PORRIDGE..?! [puzzled look]

winestein Sat 30-Jun-07 23:32:46

lol Shhhh. Put a tablespoon of porridge oats in a sock and drop in the bath - squeeze out. The bathwater turns all cloudy but it has a soothing effect on the skin. I can't remember what ingredient it is in the porridge. Fat lot of good I am, huh?

Sixer Sat 30-Jun-07 23:33:51

We used exactly the same Bicarb and porridge oats in the bath. Worked brilliantly. Also camped out Glasto style on the lounge floor, loads of cushions and duvet, poorly DS and I, applying every lotion and potion going. (depending on how old the child is , the worse the itching is).

controlfreaky2 Sat 30-Jun-07 23:35:50

and rhus. tox. if you believe in homeopathy

NotQuiteCockney Sun 01-Jul-07 08:01:51

Still no spots. I think it's actually a cold, as both DS1 and I are poorly too. (And both of us have had the pox.)

I don't do homeopathy, but we have Aveeno sachets and aveeno bath oil, which is the oatmeal stuff really underneath. (The aveeno bath oil has oatmeal and sunflower oil or something in it. And that's it. )

I've just remembered, tomorrow I'm meant to:
a) take DS1 to school
b) do a shift at the co-op
c) pick DS1 up.

I don't feel up to any of these. Oh, and DS1 has a birthday party to go to today, but a) I can't find the invite b) someone else was talking about taking him but I haven't heard from her c) I haven't sorted the present (I'm sure there's something fine in the cupboard, though) d) he's still asleep - he's normally up before 7. So I think he's poorly too. Well, I already thought that, thanks to the sudden crying etc since Friday.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 01-Jul-07 08:39:57

Ha, I found the party invite, and then DS1 started puking.

shhhh Sun 01-Jul-07 20:18:37

maybe he didn't want to go to no party ...[shhhh taps her fingers, mum styleeee..]

NotQuiteCockney Mon 02-Jul-07 07:11:12

Arse, ok, DS1 is fine, he only threw up once, so he's off to school today.

DS2 is pooing out liquidy uck. I'm meant to work at the co-op today, with him. I appear to have the same tummy bug ... although it's hit DS2 worse - he went to bed at 5:30 last night, got up at 5am this morning, because of a poo, then went back to bed. He's still asleep.

winestein Mon 02-Jul-07 12:26:32

Good day at the NQC household then?

MatNanPlus Mon 02-Jul-07 12:53:11

I hope you and DS2 feel better soon NQC.

The good thing about the oatmeal/porridge baths are they cover the whole body so much quicker than dabbing on calamine.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 02-Jul-07 21:01:29

Well, DS2 has stopped pooing, and has been ok today. Last night, he slept from 5:30 pm to 7:30 am (he normally sleeps about 11 hours, if that!). But he seems ok today. Not eating loads, but not pooing any more since this morning. Thank god.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now