Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

what do i wear to run tomorrow??

(11 Posts)
TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 16:43:34

am doing the 5k run forlife in salisbury
last time i ran anywhere...dunno. to the loo? whatever. i dont run much. or even exercise much. i was going to train...but i didnt.
SO
it now occurs to me that i am woefully inexperienced and dont know what to wear for the event.
was thinking leggings or jogging bottoms and a tshirt. but torrential rain... a strong possibility.
so, do i waer a raincoat? or what? will being wet be a Good Thing (cool me down) or a miserable as fark thing?

god im such a loser...

TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 19:26:37

please just tell me if ill die with or without a waterproof thingy... theres time to go and buy one in the outdoorsy shops before the run if i need one...

moondog Fri 29-Jun-07 19:28:05

Take a thin mac eh?
One that you can put in your pocket if need be.Good luck.
I did it last month.

TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 20:36:03

ok. you reckon one of those thin pocket mac things is the right way to go... thats what ill do.
thanks moony
how'd yours go? (bravo btw)

ScotsBird Fri 29-Jun-07 22:05:48

Take a thin pocket mac, TM. Wear fairly tight bottoms - chafing can quickly become a problem with baggier garments!

Good luck! I also did it last month in Bath and it was fantastic. Be prepared to feel quite emotional reading the notes on everyone's backs.

It's a great race and absolutely nobody who takes part is a loser!

Wallace Fri 29-Jun-07 22:06:28

Good luck!

TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 23:22:07

thanksfor tips and good wishes ladies
will post about it when im able

TranquilaManana Sat 30-Jun-07 07:11:53

oh phew, its tomorrow, not today.

TranquilaManana Sun 01-Jul-07 17:54:59

did it today!
what a piece of piss.
am off to find a charity 10k run somewhere...

Meglet Mon 02-Jul-07 14:15:59

Well done !!

lulumama Mon 02-Jul-07 14:22:00

well done !!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: