Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what do i wear to run tomorrow??

(11 Posts)
TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 16:43:34

am doing the 5k run forlife in salisbury
last time i ran anywhere...dunno. to the loo? whatever. i dont run much. or even exercise much. i was going to train...but i didnt.
SO
it now occurs to me that i am woefully inexperienced and dont know what to wear for the event.
was thinking leggings or jogging bottoms and a tshirt. but torrential rain... a strong possibility.
so, do i waer a raincoat? or what? will being wet be a Good Thing (cool me down) or a miserable as fark thing?

god im such a loser...

TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 19:26:37

please just tell me if ill die with or without a waterproof thingy... theres time to go and buy one in the outdoorsy shops before the run if i need one...

moondog Fri 29-Jun-07 19:28:05

Take a thin mac eh?
One that you can put in your pocket if need be.Good luck.
I did it last month.

TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 20:36:03

ok. you reckon one of those thin pocket mac things is the right way to go... thats what ill do.
thanks moony
how'd yours go? (bravo btw)

ScotsBird Fri 29-Jun-07 22:05:48

Take a thin pocket mac, TM. Wear fairly tight bottoms - chafing can quickly become a problem with baggier garments!

Good luck! I also did it last month in Bath and it was fantastic. Be prepared to feel quite emotional reading the notes on everyone's backs.

It's a great race and absolutely nobody who takes part is a loser!

Wallace Fri 29-Jun-07 22:06:28

Good luck!

TranquilaManana Fri 29-Jun-07 23:22:07

thanksfor tips and good wishes ladies
will post about it when im able

TranquilaManana Sat 30-Jun-07 07:11:53

oh phew, its tomorrow, not today.

TranquilaManana Sun 01-Jul-07 17:54:59

did it today!
what a piece of piss.
am off to find a charity 10k run somewhere...

Meglet Mon 02-Jul-07 14:15:59

Well done !!

lulumama Mon 02-Jul-07 14:22:00

well done !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now