Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD2 has just eaten washing powder sludge out of the powder compartment!

(13 Posts)
Beauregard Fri 29-Jun-07 15:31:55

She went out the room for 60 seconds and returned to show me she was licking her fingers and chewing something,it was the powder residue.
Will she need to go to A and E?

Frizbe Fri 29-Jun-07 15:34:06

eeek and oooooh ring nhs direct, good luck

Beauregard Fri 29-Jun-07 15:37:36

will i really have to call them?

Beauregard Fri 29-Jun-07 15:38:20

God i hate NHS direct

bananabump Fri 29-Jun-07 15:40:43

how old is she and how much did she eat, if she can tell you? I doubt she's done herself much harm, I don't think they could eat enough without vomiting. Perhaps better call NHS direct just to be on the safe side though...

Beauregard Fri 29-Jun-07 15:44:42

She is nearly 18 months
She was chewing but i don't think she had much as she was only out of the room for a very short time.

MollyCoddle Fri 29-Jun-07 15:47:12

NHS can probably give you quite a straight answer for that sort of thing. Or you could also try the customer careline on the washing powder packet.

meandmyflyingmachine Fri 29-Jun-07 15:48:53

Washing powder is not a problem according to the NHS direct website, which I looked at when dd ate a liquitab. May irritate her stomach (frothy vomit - mmmm) but not disastrous.

meandmyflyingmachine Fri 29-Jun-07 15:51:00

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/help/bodykey/questions/index.aspx?nodes=B1tdaraE1N%2btMxHKOTGl3Td2uadYC5 fN#pos575

meandmyflyingmachine Fri 29-Jun-07 15:52:10

That was the page I got when I looked up 'fabric washing powders/liquids' under 'poisoning'.

HTH

gess Fri 29-Jun-07 15:55:21

DS1 was always eating it. It's why we switched to stuff that goes in the drum. It's fine.

Beauregard Fri 29-Jun-07 15:58:33

Thankyou so much
dp is on the phone to them now,but pmsl they just asked him to look in her mouth for any sign of burns etc and she was chewing a bloody crayon
Gotta be a 3rd thing,lol.

wombat2 Fri 29-Jun-07 16:00:04

dd2 chewed on one of those Ariel liquid capsules when my back was turned unpacking the shopping - she obviously found it disgusting and didn't take much in. It didn't have any bad effects - except interesting colour poo the next day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now