Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Heavy periods, painful ovulation pains, bad PMT

(7 Posts)
Marne Fri 29-Jun-07 14:50:59

Since having dd2 (15 months ago) my periods have got worse and worse, im doubled over mid month with ovulation pains, and then my period lasts 10-12 days, i spend most of the month in pain, with PMT or bleeding (sorry if TMI), surely this is'nt normal?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 29-Jun-07 14:59:45

Marne

It is not normal.

Would suggest you see your GP asap with a view to getting a referral to a gynae. Problems like fibroids and or endometriosis cannot be ruled out here.

Marne Fri 29-Jun-07 15:22:08

Would any of these conditions show up on a smear? i had a smear last week and am waiting on the resaults, i told the nurse about my symptoms, she asked me a few questions but did'nt say anything about referral.

mslucy Fri 29-Jun-07 15:23:41

go to the doc asap.
demand to be referred to hosp.
you need to sort this out.

Marne Fri 29-Jun-07 15:30:18

Realy worried now

I dont realy know much about these things, i think my mum had tibroids, what is endometriosis?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 29-Jun-07 16:01:05

Endometriosis can cause severe period pains to arise. www.endo.org.uk will have more information.

Neither of these conditions would show up on a smear test. You need help from a gynaecologist asap, this is not something that you should readily put up with. I would go to your GP and insist that you are referred to a gynae asap as this is interfering with your day to day life; not just to say quality of.

Marne Fri 29-Jun-07 18:21:52

Thankyou AttilaTheMeercat

Just spoke to my mum on the phone and she conformed that she had fibroids and her sister has them (so it seems to be in the family)

I will go and see my GP next week and see if he can refer me to a gyne.

Thankyou all for your advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: