Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sympathy needed, have just got back home from hospital and

(11 Posts)
UCM Thu 28-Jun-07 22:52:53

I have to go back tomorrow morning for 7.45 as I have a pain in my abdomen and shoulder. It's not that bed now but I have had a wibbly injection for the pain and feel lovely and light headed.

Think it's my appendix so I am going back to the same bed in the morning. It was very nice of them to let me come home really.

I am wondering how long you have to stay in for an appencdectomry [sp)

themildmanneredjanitor Thu 28-Jun-07 22:55:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

morocco Thu 28-Jun-07 22:55:40

gosh! hope you get a good night's sleep

UCM Thu 28-Jun-07 22:58:54

Thanks, I do hope it's not that, we are going on holiday in 10 days

fingerwoman Thu 28-Jun-07 23:06:54

yeah they can do it as keyhole surgery, so it shouldn't be too awful if you do have it out.
Think my cousin was in for about 3 or 4 days, but she was only 13 when she had hers out.

missyhols Thu 28-Jun-07 23:13:39

I was in for about a week depends how quick you start recovering. I was out of bed same night as i refused to use a bed pan. Why have they sent you home if they suspect its your appendix?

UCM Thu 28-Jun-07 23:39:10

Because DD is only little and I live 10 mins from the hospital. It it gets bad I have to go back - quick. I really really didn't want to stay in there, it was a mixed ward with some weirdo who kept staring at me, very unerving, I didn't have a nightie or anything with me either. I would not have slept there for a moment.

myjobismum Thu 28-Jun-07 23:40:21

oh dont mean to scare you, and could be totally wrong, but is there any chance you could be pregnant? i was reading an article the other day and a women with an Ectopic preg had ab pains and shoulder pain (i remember because was trying to work out why it would hurt the shoulder!) am assuming they have ruled this out - please say yes to stop me worrying!

mummylin2495 Thu 28-Jun-07 23:43:10

just to send you my good wishes and if it is your appendix hope it all goes well for you

themildmanneredjanitor Fri 29-Jun-07 07:35:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missyhols Fri 29-Jun-07 07:55:32

Oh i see. Well hope all is well. When i was in they did numerous checks as its not as straight forward with us women! They would normally do pg test and maybe internal. In the end mine was on brink of bursting so was rushed into surgery. Hope that it turns out to be nothing too major and doesn't affect your holiday

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: