Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Throwing up and passing out

(7 Posts)
wheresthevalium Thu 28-Jun-07 08:28:07

Just looking for any suggestions on whats up with me, also should I go to the docs?

I felt fine yesterday, then last night went all light headed in the supermarket, came home and was sick for ages and passsed out, got a temp (not sure what), still feeling very rough and still throwing up this mrning

Rubyslippers Thu 28-Jun-07 08:29:36

low blood pressure can make you faint but not sure about vomiting
had you eaten/drunk anything before it happened
you may have a nasty virus
would call GPs as you passed out
hope you feel better soon

Saturn74 Thu 28-Jun-07 08:30:13

a virus perhaps?

fanella Thu 28-Jun-07 08:32:48

would have suggested food poisoning, but worrying about passing out. I'd get to the docs, yes...

wheresthevalium Thu 28-Jun-07 08:33:23

Thanks, probably is a virus, work are going to go nuts, I had the day off unannounced yesterday due to a childcare issue

wheresthevalium Thu 28-Jun-07 08:34:02

Don't think it's FP as my DP ate all the same things as I did and he is fine

Weegle Thu 28-Jun-07 13:45:34

Do you have diarrhea (sp?)? The sudden loss of fluids through vomitting, and most often diarrhea can cause your blood pressure to drop, hence you faint. I wouldn't be unduly worried about the fainting. I had food poisoning a few weeks back (thought it was just D&V at the time), yet I couldn't identify anything I'd eaten that DH hadn't. He had one bad loo trip, I was ill for a week. Was finally diagnosed as FP after a stool sample (lovely). I fainted several times over the course of a few days. Hope you're feeling better soon. Keep your fluids up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: