Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I need to write a letter to the ENT consultantr begging him to re-refer DS2 to a hospital which actually has working machinery....

(13 Posts)
popsycal Wed 27-Jun-07 19:58:59

DS2 is nearly 2 and a half. Long running (and widely documented) sleep problems. Saw ENT consultant who thoght sleep apnoea and/or adenoid problems and referred us for a sleep study at another hospital.

Rang other hospital who are not taking any referral as 'the machinery is notworking'. I asked if it started working tomorrow, then how long would te waiting list be? 3 months. but not likely to work for a while.

Rang PA of ent consultant back to ask if we could be re-referred elsewhere. She said 'Oh I don't think anywhere else does them' .

Need to write letter direct to consultant begging.

Help with content/tone/style greatly appreciated. I am waaay too emotionally involved to be objective

popsycal Wed 27-Jun-07 20:02:48

<impatient bump >

babalon Wed 27-Jun-07 20:18:12

I've actually e-mailed consultants regarding my ds2's problems. It's the best and quickest way to do it IMO. If you go to the trust that they work fors website you will find the e-mail addresses. Sometimes they will be under GP's info rather than patient info. Keep the e-mail brief and to the point ie what the problem is and how you'd like them to help. I've done this a few times now and have usually got an e-mail back with an appointment time and place for about a week later.

HTH Good luck

hotbot Wed 27-Jun-07 20:26:03

Also would suggest PALS if the hospital has one, pateint advice liaison service. Also the wating list for diagnostic tests should be no longers than 8 weeks. You will not get the staff in trouble, the complaints to the Trust will spur the managers on to give the dept the money to fix the equipment.

popsycal Wed 27-Jun-07 21:43:16

Thanks so much.

Think I will start with an email and then go dow the PALs route if no joy - many thanks

PeckaRolloverAgain Wed 27-Jun-07 21:44:17

does the freeman not do it?

PeckaRolloverAgain Wed 27-Jun-07 21:44:17

does the freeman not do it?

elasticbandstand Wed 27-Jun-07 21:44:58

copy the chief exec into your letter, copy the said hospital's chief exec possiby maybe letter rather than email..

foxinsocks Wed 27-Jun-07 21:45:57

what machine is it?

normally, if they are worried about apnoea, they just whip out the tonsils and adenoids don't they?

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 27-Jun-07 21:52:40

THe royal ear nose and throat hospital in London - ask him to refer you there.

popsycal Wed 27-Jun-07 21:55:48

pecka - freeman is where he saw consultant - but all the children are refered to the RVI. they do adult sleep studies at teh freeman.

I am going to forumalte some sort of letter tomorrow evening. And beg

We are desperate

PeckaRolloverAgain Wed 27-Jun-07 22:41:30

Does Rake Lane not do it? sorry probably really obvious but DS went there to ENT for his glue ear

popsycal Thu 28-Jun-07 18:49:26

Pecka - at the inital gp appt i was asked whether I wanted to be refered the rake lane of freeman and I chose freeman. six and two threes really - going to compose letter this weekend

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: