Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what can you eat when you've been sick

(10 Posts)
chilledmama Wed 27-Jun-07 09:46:04

The whole family has it now...DS (8 mon) even brings up baby rice when I try it every now and again...thank god for breastmilk!!!
however...DH and I are not so tempted by the BM [sarcastic tasty emoticon]
Is there anything we can actually eat...I mean are we talking starving the bug or dry toast????

Any ideas welcome cause I'm starving

jinxed Wed 27-Jun-07 09:46:47

BRAT diet

Bananas
Rice
Apples
Toast

IdrisTheDragon Wed 27-Jun-07 09:47:17

I'd say dry toast is probably the best way to go - hope you all feel better soon.

Wolfgirl Wed 27-Jun-07 09:47:44

Dry toast, rich tea biscuits, or anything else that is dry. and sip sugared tea slowly - pref. not a whole mug at a time, just a few sips and throughout the day.

for you, hope you get better soon. xx

chilledmama Wed 27-Jun-07 09:55:03

Thank you all...I feel much better since visiting the alter of hughy but poor DS has had it since Sunday. I think I'll try a little rice again at lunch time and see if he can keep it down!
Poor DH deployed yesterday morning, I got an email saying he felt awful and was about to go to bed and that was at 7pm...didn't get the email until this morning cause I'd gone to bed too!

snowleopard Wed 27-Jun-07 10:03:55

Plain pasta with just a tiny bit of olive oil or butter - very comforting.

Also I drink coke when I'm being sick - it makes you burp which kind of feels nice, and if you are sick again it makes it more pleasant.

Hassled Wed 27-Jun-07 10:10:17

Digestive biscuits - standard fare chez Hassled for sickness.

LaBoheme Wed 27-Jun-07 10:12:27

very bland soup - toast, a soft boiled egg, boiled rice x

redtoenails Wed 27-Jun-07 10:12:55

flat coke, apples, weak tea, plain biscuits, toast

Browny Wed 27-Jun-07 10:13:10

I also nibble on Jacobs cream crackers, works for me. Hope you all feel better soon .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now