Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kamillosan + dry skin?

(5 Posts)
Botbot Tue 26-Jun-07 20:30:06

dd (11.5 months) has a big patch of dry skin on her cheek. It's an alarming pink colour and people keep telling me it's eczema, but I'm sure it isn't because she doesn't scratch it - in fact it doesn't bother her at all. She's had it for about two weeks and Vaseline doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

I also have a left-over tube of Kamillosan. Would that do the dry skin any good - and is it safe to use on baby faces?

whomovedmychocolate Tue 26-Jun-07 20:41:27

Won't do any harm. Sudocrem is good too.

Smithy Tue 26-Jun-07 20:43:18

I've used Kamillosan on dry skin on myself and it worked a treat.

This is from the manufacturers website:
The soothing and healing properties of chamomile have long been recognised and today Kamillosan is widely used for treating sore skin conditions such as chapped hands. It is made with the pure soothing and healing power of natural chamomile leaves. When applied to skin, Kamillosan acts as a barrier and prevents water loss. It is the effective way to relieve the pain and tenderness of cracked nipples, and is also effective in the prevention and treatment of nappy rash and chafe.

SoupDragon Tue 26-Jun-07 20:44:32

Worked miracles on DS2's red dry patches when he was little.

Botbot Tue 26-Jun-07 20:46:13

Cool - will give it a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now