Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm going to sound like a right fruit loop at the doctors tomorrow

(19 Posts)
ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:21:23

I feel like I'm always posting here at the moment.
Been poorly on and off for a while now, past month on and off it has been a very painful sore throat, on Monday I was sent home due to being sick and I was also dizzy with flashing lights in one eye. But today, its my tongue that is the problem - I haven't bit it or anything but I have a hugggggge lump in my tongue! I feel as if my tongue does now not fit in my mouth.
Am I going to sound like a right nutter?

SugaryBits Tue 26-Jun-07 20:30:54

I'm no expert but sounds like you may be very run down. I get symptoms similar to what you have said, along with ulcers, when I am very run down.

Good luck at the docs x

Maddison Tue 26-Jun-07 20:36:06

A while ago i had what seemed like extra large tastebuds right on the back of my tongue and I felt like I had to keep swallowing to try and get rid of them, so I sort of know what you mean!!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 26-Jun-07 20:36:57

ELF have you ever had glandular fever?

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:36:59

Thanks, just didn't want them laughing at me!

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:38:03

No, whomovedmychocolate - never had glandular fever.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 26-Jun-07 20:46:21

Oh dear. I have. It started almost exactly like that. Do write down your symptoms and take them with you won't you, if you are like me you'll go completely blank because they'll make you lie down and your brain will roll around in your head and you'll forget (or at least that's the excuse I use for forgetting everything once in the GPs surgery!)

Hope for your sake you have anaemia or something easily fixed though!

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:47:15

Cut this from a post in Feb... still have same symptoms (the throat was AGONY!) but now also tiredness (constant) and general achyness, plus my flashing light eye and lumpy tongue. I told work they may put me down at the docs tomorrow! I put all the tiredness down to sitting my exams but now not sure.

Started with blocked nose and feeling bunged up
Progressed to bad cough
Then sore throat (I did, I think she did as she sounded quite hoarse)
sticky / weepy eyes (mine worse, could not open my eye one morning and they feel itchy, but not red, cannot comment on her as she cant talk but they dont appear red)

A week on, we both are still bunged up / sore throats etc.

However, we both have funny marks on our legs, and her on the back of her neck just under the hair line. They're raised bumps, slightly red, not spots, dont hurt. I dont know what they are. Mine are on the front of my leg, hers is at the back of hers and just under her neck.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 26-Jun-07 20:49:09

You haven't been travelling or anything?

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:49:13

should have said, that post from Feb was about me and dd. She is better, I just seem to have stayed poorly and gotten worse!

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:49:45

No travel, not been since last Aug when we went to the east coast.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 26-Jun-07 20:51:48

Well it sounds very much like you and DD had a virus and now you have developed glandular fever to me - but I'm not a doctor so don't quote me.

Make sure you mention the history with your daughter. Do they do phlebotomy at your GP surgery?

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:57:03

at my surgery, they get the medical books out for simple things and they also told me that you cannot catch threadworm, so I dont hold much hope of them having phlebotomy!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 26-Jun-07 20:58:52

Phlebotomy = blood tests - at the surgery I mean. If you have suspected glandular fever they need to take blood. It will ensure speedy treatment (there isn't much though).

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 21:00:07

Though I actually may be selling them short, they do take blood (when they can find the vein!)

ELF1981 Tue 26-Jun-07 21:02:09

shall let you know how I get on, off to watch CSI!

whomovedmychocolate Thu 28-Jun-07 12:05:00

.....and.....?????

ELF1981 Thu 28-Jun-07 13:16:52

eye infection, throat infection, viral infection possibly a water infection
Got to go back next week, sigh

whomovedmychocolate Thu 28-Jun-07 15:11:58

So basically, the doc thinks you are a tad 'buggy'?

Well that's better than glandular fever. If he's right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now