Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Do you have a very loud VOICE ? Dh says I have started shouting all the time.

(7 Posts)
Oblomov Tue 26-Jun-07 12:39:09

I have quite a loud voice. But dh says have started shouting recently and that I don't realise how loud my voice is.
I spoke (shouted) to my GP about it, but he said not to worry(what a fob off).

A year or so ago, I did insist on having my hearing tested, becasue I couldn't hear , when I was in a pub - I was told my hearing was normal and that most people practically lip-read when in a loud pub.
Should I insist on another hearing test ?What can I do, to assist, in the meantime?

JoolsToo Tue 26-Jun-07 12:39:53

Yes, I got the part of Mary in the infant nativity because of it

olivo Tue 26-Jun-07 13:19:45

yes - so i put it to good use and work as a teacher
but seriously, i've alsways been loud but about 5 years ago i found i had big hearing loss in one side. not sure what you can do if they've tested your hearing and found its ok.also, i know a friend of mine always talks loud as they always have tv or radio on quite loud in their house, so she is used to talking over it!
i would maybe wait a few months and ask for another test.

Oblomov Tue 26-Jun-07 13:30:03

Atleast you two are o.k. about it - DH SAYS IT IS DRIVING HIM MAD = SHOUTING = talking normally

olivo Tue 26-Jun-07 13:43:39

my mum used to complain about it all of the time- in a warped way, it was actually quite saitsfying to tell her years later that it was cos i had a hearing impairment - she didnt feel guilty though!

Oblomov Tue 26-Jun-07 14:03:58

ah, but you do actually have a hearing impairement olivo ? I can't help wondering if I do.

olivo Tue 26-Jun-07 14:07:22

yeah, i do. was given a hearing aid (having been wired up to comptuters and given an MRI scan to check for hidden nasties) but i never got used to it so only used it for about 3 months. now, i just say pardon and what a lot, and talk very loud!
I would definitely ask for another test - can you maybe go to a different gp at the same practice and voice ( pardon the pun ) your concerns?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: