Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you have a very loud VOICE ? Dh says I have started shouting all the time.

(7 Posts)
Oblomov Tue 26-Jun-07 12:39:09

I have quite a loud voice. But dh says have started shouting recently and that I don't realise how loud my voice is.
I spoke (shouted) to my GP about it, but he said not to worry(what a fob off).

A year or so ago, I did insist on having my hearing tested, becasue I couldn't hear , when I was in a pub - I was told my hearing was normal and that most people practically lip-read when in a loud pub.
Should I insist on another hearing test ?What can I do, to assist, in the meantime?

JoolsToo Tue 26-Jun-07 12:39:53

Yes, I got the part of Mary in the infant nativity because of it

olivo Tue 26-Jun-07 13:19:45

yes - so i put it to good use and work as a teacher
but seriously, i've alsways been loud but about 5 years ago i found i had big hearing loss in one side. not sure what you can do if they've tested your hearing and found its ok.also, i know a friend of mine always talks loud as they always have tv or radio on quite loud in their house, so she is used to talking over it!
i would maybe wait a few months and ask for another test.

Oblomov Tue 26-Jun-07 13:30:03

Atleast you two are o.k. about it - DH SAYS IT IS DRIVING HIM MAD = SHOUTING = talking normally

olivo Tue 26-Jun-07 13:43:39

my mum used to complain about it all of the time- in a warped way, it was actually quite saitsfying to tell her years later that it was cos i had a hearing impairment - she didnt feel guilty though!

Oblomov Tue 26-Jun-07 14:03:58

ah, but you do actually have a hearing impairement olivo ? I can't help wondering if I do.

olivo Tue 26-Jun-07 14:07:22

yeah, i do. was given a hearing aid (having been wired up to comptuters and given an MRI scan to check for hidden nasties) but i never got used to it so only used it for about 3 months. now, i just say pardon and what a lot, and talk very loud!
I would definitely ask for another test - can you maybe go to a different gp at the same practice and voice ( pardon the pun ) your concerns?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now