Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

horrid cold sore pleeeaaase help!

(8 Posts)
allthegearnoidea Mon 25-Jun-07 20:50:19

Hi all,
a very viscious cold sore has taken hold of my top lip, it was there, fully formed this morning and need to get rid of it asap, by the weekend if poss? any tips on how to clear it up pronto? anyone else have reccurring cold sores and found a genuinely effective remedy?
cheers

Blandmum Mon 25-Jun-07 20:54:44

witch hazel stick!

Woks better for me that zovirax, and I'm not a crystal gazing, herbal medicine type!

Blandmum Mon 25-Jun-07 20:55:07

hurts like hell when you put in on though!

luckylady74 Mon 25-Jun-07 20:57:52

um - stuff from the health food shop - bio something -tiny tube. i tend to burst blisters/ scrape off stuff, lather on xovirax or health food shop equivalent then pat on my faithful liquid concealer and powder if on lip i just layer on lipstick. i have found that vitamins and less stress prevent them

KerryMum Mon 25-Jun-07 20:59:59

Megadoses of Lysine - it's an amino acid that is effective in combatting cold sores. You can also get that clear plastery stuff to put over them now. A friend gets cold sores and she uses that.

And Zovirak as well on the sore.

allthegearnoidea Mon 25-Jun-07 21:00:29

have never tried witch hazel, and have a routine similar to luckylady normally, but am trying not to pick this one as i can't stand the cracking scabs bit! anyone heard of the intense light treatment? it has been in the paper before

allthegearnoidea Mon 25-Jun-07 21:01:30

where do i get lysine kerrymum?

KerryMum Mon 25-Jun-07 21:18:50

Any health food store but most chemists probably have it as well these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now