Talk

Advanced search

Teenager strange marks on face

(15 Posts)
BibiThree Sun 16-Dec-18 11:13:41

My 14yo did woke last week with 4 short lines on her cheek, like a scratch, with no obvious cause. She doesn't wear jewellery or a watch to bed, there was nothing that she could have slept on, but they faded. They've come back this week and we are at a loss as to what they could be - any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
BibiThree Sun 16-Dec-18 11:14:44

The skin isn't broken, it's like broken capillaries under the skin. Last week they were more defined, almost like a cat scram.

bobstersmum Sun 16-Dec-18 11:26:50

Could be eczema? My dd is only a toddler but gets strange little clusters of it, some are scratch like, some are little patches and most recently it covered her whole back. It's different for everyone I think.

BibiThree Sun 16-Dec-18 13:13:18

That's a possibility, she had pretty bad eczema as a baby/toddler, but nothing in years. Thanks.

BibiThree Sun 16-Dec-18 13:14:08

The surface skin is smooth and not dry or damaged at all though.

VioletCharlotte Sun 16-Dec-18 13:21:07

It looks like she's been scratched by finger nails. Could she have scratched herself in her sleep?

BibiThree Sun 16-Dec-18 14:47:14

We already tried to recreate that, they're too close together to be scratch marks from her nails.

tinstar Sun 16-Dec-18 15:29:40

It could just be one nail op - so she scratches with just her index finger but moves it slightly each time of you see what I mean? If you have an itch you tend to scratch the area rather than a very precise place.

Momof2nashville Mon 04-Nov-19 18:03:12

Did you determine the cause. My daughter has this same issue. Dermatologist has I idea what it is

Momof2nashville Mon 04-Nov-19 21:27:25

I am trying to figure out what these are. My teenage daughter has them too. The dermatologist states it is external caused but we know for a fact that it is not something she has laid on. The marks come back to nearly the same place each time.

nailslikeknives Mon 04-Nov-19 21:38:04

Is she lying on something? Hard seam on a pillow, edge of a phone case, crease on the sheet?

Seaweed42 Mon 04-Nov-19 23:47:29

Could it be a food she is eating, or a medication? Take a note of everything eaten in the 24hr before the marks appeared. At least it might solve it.

Frogqueen13 Mon 04-Nov-19 23:56:01

Looks like shes slept on a zip? Has she been asleep in a hoodie? Or a onesie with a zip? Or a worry monster typer toy?

JoanieCash Mon 04-Nov-19 23:59:27

ZOMBIE thread

Momof2nashville Tue 05-Nov-19 04:27:52

We are starting to keep a diary but nothing yet. No medicines. It appeared this past week in the middle of the day. She had not been lying down. Strange...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »