Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

when breastfeeding how long until periods start again?

(8 Posts)
devonsmummy Mon 25-Jun-07 16:28:08

I thought it was around 6mth but 7.5 mths later and no sign - not that I'm complaining just don't want to be caught out

goingfor3 Mon 25-Jun-07 16:29:29

Mine started exactley 6 months after DD was born. For some they don't come back till after a year.

mankyscotslass Mon 25-Jun-07 16:29:42

I read somewhere its an average of 18mths-2 years....with my three they came back at 2 mths, 2mths and 9 mths respectively. And she has been a witch every time since

devonsmummy Mon 25-Jun-07 16:30:40

could be a few months then - thanks

devonsmummy Mon 25-Jun-07 16:31:59

are they generally better or worse

mankyscotslass Mon 25-Jun-07 16:33:18

I seem to have 1 awful one then 2 heavy ones then one light one (for me)...mine last a bit longer than they used to, now 7-8 days before clear, but i have friends whose af now shows up for 2 days and goes.

lemonaid Mon 25-Jun-07 16:34:36

It varies hugely. I have friends who don't get periods back until they have completely weaned their DC, friends who never had a break at all even though they were exclusively breastfeeding round the clock, and everything in between.

For me it was at 9 months, after DS nightweaned (or mostly nightweaned, anyway). That's pretty common, for it to come back when the night feeds drop off.

lemonaid Mon 25-Jun-07 16:35:26

About the same for me. I've been less regular than I was before DS was born, though (not horribly irregular, but I was like clockwork before).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now