Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

should I take 2 year old DD hospital visiting?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 24-Jun-07 21:17:21

DH's Nan is in UCH just now after a minor stroke last week. I'm going to visit her tomorrow and I was planning on taking 2 year old DD with me but DH is saying he's not sure if that's a good idea (MRSA being rife and all that)
What do you all think please?

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 24-Jun-07 21:18:02

is your dh's nan all wired up? will it scare dd at all?

mckenzie Sun 24-Jun-07 21:20:34

no, Nan is stable and hopefully coming home tuesday. I think DH is just scared of any infection DD might pick up.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 24-Jun-07 21:21:10

does your dd has open wounds?

mckenzie Sun 24-Jun-07 21:23:55

nope, she had chicken pox about 2 weeks ago but they have all healed over.
I think DH is worrying over nothing but as a responsible parent I though i would seek advice.

MerryMarigold Sun 24-Jun-07 21:25:12

I took my ds to visit a friend of mine in hosp when he was about 10 mths. It wasn't a ward with surgery patients on it (if that makes any difference, not sure). Don't think you can be that paranoid to be honest. Sometimes Dads are a little more protective because they don't see the gunk their kids put into their mouths day in, ay out! I'm sure your dh's nan would love the visit.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 24-Jun-07 21:30:22

just make sure you use the alcohol gel on her hands on the way in and out.

mckenzie Sun 24-Jun-07 21:35:09

thanks both of you. You are so right about Nan being thrilled. She's 98 years young but suddenly starting to feel her age and a visit from her great grand daughter will do her the world of good I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now