Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dd has hospital appointment for her foot anyone else had anything like this with their lo?

(7 Posts)
holsnovell Sun 24-Jun-07 17:02:49

Her left foot turns in slightly when she walks and has done since she started walking. We're seeing a consultant on wed but not sure what to expect?

LIZS Sun 24-Jun-07 17:07:52

With dd he observed her walking , running etc , checked her hip and ankle joints and then said as it was within tolerance (something like 10 or 15 degrees apparently) and not an orthopaedic issue, no treatment was necessary. tbh it has improved over time (she was 4 1/2 then)and is far less of a probelm 18 motnhs or so on, fewer trippings over, less obvious visibly etc . She has also taken up ballet which we think has helped correct it.

holsnovell Sun 24-Jun-07 17:35:16

Thanks liz dd is 18 months and i have noticed its worse some day's then others. Cheers though

LIZS Sun 24-Jun-07 17:42:58

I was told the majority self correct by 4 . Don't want to dismiss your concerns but they may just tell you to wait and see unless there is obvious physical cause.

Milliways Sun 24-Jun-07 17:43:34

I had an operation for Inward Rotating Femurs at age 7 - they now deal with it much earlier. At age 2 I was toe turning, age 5 knock kneed & age 7 tripping over myself. HOWEVER this is rare!!

I am now perfectly straightened btw, so even that level of rotation is correctable.

http://www.childrensorthopaedics.com/intoeing.html#6 is quite helpful

holsnovell Sun 24-Jun-07 17:45:45

Thanks

LIZS Fri 29-Jun-07 21:18:22

how did it go ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now