Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Obstetric Cholestasis - why am I still itching 3 weeks after the birth?

(4 Posts)
Beav123 Sun 24-Jun-07 00:19:47

I'm going to have a blood test but curious to know if anyone else has been in similar situation.... How long do the symptoms take to go away? All the websites say within a week or so after birth if not immediately. I'm still as itchy as ever and its been 3 weeks - now worried about it

Piksiminx Sun 24-Jun-07 15:23:48

Hi, I itched for ages afterwards despite being told that it clears within a week or so, even now, 6 years on I get cyclical itching during the second half of my cycle.

Beav123 Tue 26-Jun-07 18:55:04

Thanks Piksiminx - how long did it take to clear up? Did you do anything to take care of your liver such as a special diet etc?

Beav123 Tue 26-Jun-07 20:59:43

Thanks Piksiminx - how long did it take to clear up? Did you do anything to take care of your liver such as a special diet etc?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: