Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can anyone help?

(14 Posts)
rubyshoes Sat 23-Jun-07 18:36:39

My ds is 6 wks and I'm still bleeding, bright red. I had a c section. Went to hospital yesterday had scan to look for retained products. No placenta left but womb lining was abnormally thick and tethered. Saw a useless SHO no consultant around. Have been asked to go back Mon for consultant to repeat scan. SHO couldn't explain it, radiographer said it was not normal. Can anyone help or explain I'm really worride?

Redhelen Sat 23-Jun-07 18:44:01

Hello

It seems strange that the lining is thick - but you have bleed for 6 weeks. I did bleed for a long time after my dd was born - I am glad you are having another scan I'm sure you will be reassured - how does your scar feel?

rubyshoes Sat 23-Jun-07 18:58:15

My scar is still open at one end with dressing on, it was infected but it's ok now. How long did you bleed for?

FioFio Sat 23-Jun-07 18:59:07

Message withdrawn

rubyshoes Sat 23-Jun-07 19:15:36

No it was planned, I have been really poorly since I had her mastitus, chest infection, infected scar and now this! I've had enough.

Redhelen Sat 23-Jun-07 19:15:45

I bled on and off for over 6 weeks - I also had an infection - and it tooks 10 weeks for my scar to fully heal.

fireflyfairy2 Sat 23-Jun-07 19:17:46

I bled for 4 weeks with each of mine i think.. actually not as long with ds [my second child]

I think they should have done something more to reassure you before you left the hospital yesterday, it's not good enough to have you worrying all weekend.

rubyshoes Sat 23-Jun-07 19:18:04

oh no 10 wks!

Redhelen Sat 23-Jun-07 19:23:15

It was only a small part of my scar that refused to heal - I had mrsa and had to have 3 lots of antibiotics to knock it back! I'm sorry that ds's birth has been marred by these events - I was very angry and upset too.

rubyshoes Sat 23-Jun-07 19:44:40

how did u know you had mrsa? I'm sure some people have to deal with worse and ~I do have a beautiful baby. I have two other children and I'm struggling to get myself together and get organised! Walking through treacle would be easier.

rubyshoes Sat 23-Jun-07 19:49:34

fireflyrairy2
They were awful at the hospital

Redhelen Sat 23-Jun-07 20:49:45

I knew I had an infection so insisted that they 'swabbed' the wound to find out what it was - that way you get the best antibiotics to treat it.

I hope things brighten up quickly for you.x

AlfieJacksmummy Sat 23-Jun-07 20:56:49

Hi I didnt have a c-section but lots of stitches, I know how you feel. For weeks after ds was born I had 3 urine infections, infected stitches, and numerous other problmes and I kept saying i'd had enough. I also bled for weeks and at 10 weeks the doctor sent me to the hospital, they did a few swabs and an internal ultra sound and it turned out all the infections had affected my womb and lining so that was why I was still bleeding. Luckily after another couple of weeks it stopped, so hope you will feel better soon.

rubyshoes Sun 24-Jun-07 14:53:12

Thank you all for our support fell asleep last night x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now