Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

glass in foot

(10 Posts)
tigi Sat 23-Jun-07 08:47:32

I trod on a bit of glass on Tues night, hurt like mad, as you would expect, but I'm not convinced all the glass is out,was only 1 bit i think, it still really hurts today, and there feels like a bit of a bump at the side. Course it could just be healing.
Question, would it still hurt today even if glass out, and if thete could be glass in itand i need it checking do i go to docs or a&e, considering not a 'new'injury. ta

FrannyandZooey Sat 23-Jun-07 08:59:11

I think it does sound like a bit of glass (I don't know, I am just guessing) and I think yes you should get a doctor or nurse to look at it

is your doctor's open on Saturdays or do you have an NHS walk in centre near you?

tigi Sat 23-Jun-07 09:12:38

never used walk in, is that like a&e really, sorry bit dim!

FrannyandZooey Sat 23-Jun-07 09:15:38

No it's more like a doctor's surgery where you don't need an appointment, hence the name - you just walk in

Novacane Sat 23-Jun-07 09:46:11

you will know if it is glass cos when you put weight on it, it is EXCRUTIATING.

best to get it checked IME cos if it get infected it will be worse.

HTH

tigi Sun 24-Jun-07 11:24:26

Ta, thanks for advice - it is killing, but still dithering.

MaureenMLove Sun 24-Jun-07 11:31:05

I got a bit of glass in my figure between Xmas and new year and when it was still painful in February, I went to the doctor. He said that he could remove it, but glass will always work its way out and eventually it did. Not much help on the foot though! You could try soaking your foot until the skin is really soft and then have a go at getting it out. Other than that, you'll have to see the doctor for advise I think.

MaureenMLove Sun 24-Jun-07 11:31:57

In my figure! I think I meant finger!!!

tigi Sun 24-Jun-07 11:55:21

figure sounds better!
Had a bath this morn. Can't see anything, but so sore all around the area. It was a small bit I pulled out, and the cut that was there has healed, so don't know why still so painful..

flightattendant Sun 24-Jun-07 16:57:02

I got a glass shard in my foot the same night. Awfully painful until I got it out and then it was fine, you must have a bit left, go to GP at least...I thought the pointy end of it could have broken off with mine, but it was intact. Shouldn't still hurt. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now