Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Plantar Fasciitus......anyone else suffer with this?

(10 Posts)
barney2 Fri 22-Jun-07 16:54:45

I've got that Plantar thingy in my right foot - it really hurts in the arch underneath my foot in between the heel and the toes....I am on my feet all day but I have been taking pain relief with no effect - I've had it for some time now.

Any ideas on footwear that has good arch support? Or where can I get insoles to put in my shoes?

ktmoomoo Fri 22-Jun-07 16:57:30

hi dh has this it really painfull he has had it for 3 years he has even had minor surgery which did not work .
a physio has suggested acupunture as best cure.

suedonim Fri 22-Jun-07 17:31:04

I've had PF as well. Time is really the main healer but I found some gel foot supports which you can buy in Boots helped alleviate it a bit. Also, gently stretching the foot, by pulling your toes towards you before you stand up in the mornings can help.

barney2 Fri 22-Jun-07 18:29:10

Thank you for that - I will go to Boots tomorrow and take a look. What about good footwear - any ideas?

suedonim Sat 23-Jun-07 00:20:39

I tend to wear 'sensible' shoes anyway so can't really advise. I guess anything that is supportive will be ok and that you avoid shoes you need to work at to keep on your feet, like mules, iykwim!

Califrau Sat 23-Jun-07 00:33:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

suedonim Sat 23-Jun-07 00:48:22

The squashy heel things are what I got from Boots, CF. They're gel filled.

<<Sue shudders at the thought of trainers >>

barney2 Sun 24-Jun-07 09:45:45

Bought the gel insoles with the arch support from Boots yesterday - £21.50!!!!! - BUT they are excellent and was able to walk around with virtually no pain - lovely. Thank you!

suedonim Sun 24-Jun-07 17:01:35

Oh yes, the cost is a shocker! Glad you're feeling more comfortable.

barney2 Sun 24-Jun-07 17:41:04

Yes definitely recommend these in-soles to anyone - thank you soooo much for helping me out. I even walked the dog this morning..pain free - it was great. Thank you.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now