Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

1 month-old looks like he has acne

(8 Posts)
Snowi Thu 21-Jun-07 15:32:09

Hi mummies, 1 month old has lots of tiny little red bumps all over face & neck, what is it & what can I do to make it go away?? DH keeps saying he has baby acne

Lakota Thu 21-Jun-07 15:34:52

It's just a rash as your baby's lovely new skin gets used to the horrible big wide world. It's normal and will go away on it's own, honestly. Don't worry.

quokka Thu 21-Jun-07 15:35:33

my ds1 had this, I didn't do anything it clears by itself. If you get a glass and press on them and the spots disappear then they are harmless - either milk spots or heat rash.

liath Thu 21-Jun-07 15:35:52

It is often known as baby acne, very common & harmless. Will clear up in a week or two.

Lakota Thu 21-Jun-07 15:35:58

its own, even.

sfxmum Thu 21-Jun-07 15:36:33

my dd had this it was a very hot summer and it cleared up nicely by itself

ShowOfHands Thu 21-Jun-07 15:42:24

dd is 6wks and has had baby acne for about 10 days, it is fading a lot. You will probably notice that it looks more pronounced when your baby is angry, hot, crying etc and will fade at other times. Don't worry, it will go on its own. Small risk that it can become infected but easily treatable. Just wash with plain water daily or a very, very mild baby soap if necessary.

quokka Thu 21-Jun-07 15:42:51

hello sfx!

ds1 had them for yonks but you do get used to them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now