Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

hyfever questions

(5 Posts)
tigi Wed 20-Jun-07 23:28:11

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or allergies! I don't usually suffer too much from hayfver, but this year my eyes itch terribly, nose ok really, but my throat is diving me mad. I have been taking the one a day pills (tesco seem best for me ) but the symptoms are still kicking back in after 5 hours ish. But worst of all is that my ears really itch , hurt, and feel odd. I just really want to rub them! NHs site doesn'yt really mention ears! Am i abnormal, and any fab tips, ta!

babygrand Wed 20-Jun-07 23:36:07

Afraid I have no experience of the ear thing! I find beconase nasal spray and opticrom eye drops help me. My throat also drives me mad and I've never found anything that helps (maybe glass of whisky if desperate!)

Upsadaisy Wed 20-Jun-07 23:39:20

no experience with hayfever but maybe get the ear thing checked out speak to a pharmacist maybe or gp

bilblio Thu 21-Jun-07 00:02:30

I've had the itchy ear thing. I assume it's because your ears nose throat are all connected, so if one is particularly sore it's likely to affect all of them.

I'm on a nasal spray and eye drops at the moment because I'm preggers. For the past few years I've taken Benedryl. I tried the one a day type too but found that I'd often be suffering by lunch time and couldn't do anything about it. I switched to the 3 a day ones instead but instead of taking them regularly I just took them if I needed them. So some days I'd get away with 1, other days I'd need all 3. It worked out much cheaper and gave me more control.

Having said that the nasal spray and eye drop combo is working much better than the Benedryl did so I think I'll be using them again next year. Have a chat to your doctor or chemists and see if they can recommend anything.

Not that it's likely to be any consolation but I think it's much worse this year, I know a few people who rarely get hayfever who are suffering a lot.

tigi Thu 21-Jun-07 17:11:17

Thanks for that - yes I don't normally suffer either. At work today with aircon, so not so bad, but ears still hurt a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now