Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Threadworms and babies!

(11 Posts)
larahusky Wed 20-Jun-07 19:30:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kath81 Wed 20-Jun-07 20:09:16

Hi lara they're horrible little buggers aren't they.

The only thing you can give an under 2 is Pripsen sachets. They tell you to give it as a drink but tbh it is disgusting so I mix it with yogurt. I'm sure my ds had it under a year.

Check with your pharmacist first tho
hth x

larahusky Wed 20-Jun-07 20:24:21

kath81 Wed 20-Jun-07 20:50:25

I know how you feel I'm exactly like that when I find them in my kids. Get down the chemist tomorrow and that should hopefully sort out dd's sleeping

SoupDragon Wed 20-Jun-07 20:55:12

Yep, Pripsen is the only think for under 2s. And it's a real b*gger to get into them too!

You can leave her. As she can't get her hands into her nappy to reinfect herself, the cycle will be broken by treating everyone else and being scrupulous with hygiene for a few weeks. According to my GP.

larahusky Wed 20-Jun-07 21:16:52

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jun-07 10:53:32

TBH I don't know. The doctor couldn't prescribe me anything as I was breastfeeding which is why he advised me about hygiene breaking the cycle (seeing as I wouldn't be scratching my bottom like a toddler/small child would!!). It would be easiest if she's not mobile and therefore not picking up stray eggs. I only managed to get part of one dose of the Pripsen into BabyDragon and never saw any more worms in her nappy though and she was mobile and therefore picking up any stray eggs easily.

RLR Thu 21-Jun-07 10:59:26

hi all my little girls 3 and has them, im sure shes picked them up from nursery. im so glad you started this tread as i was just going to start one, could anyone answer this for me please ive give my dd the tablet bought from boots 3 days ago but their still alive when she go's to the loo should i give her another dose

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jun-07 11:02:25

You give a second dose 2 weeks after the first I think - read the instruction leaflet and it should say.

RLR Thu 21-Jun-07 11:08:10

yes it says if re infection occurs then 2 wks l8r repeat but the first dose hasnt worked. i might go back to boots and see if they have an ideas what to do . thanks

RLR Thu 21-Jun-07 13:11:01

ive just phoned gp and shes giving my dd a other thing to take as the worms should be dead or gone within a few days but if they dont they need something else to treat it as the first thing hasnt worked if they are still alive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now