Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone any experience of patching dc's eyes?

(7 Posts)
lucykate Wed 20-Jun-07 16:49:28

dd wears glasses and has a squint in her left eye. she is having a patch for 2hrs after school as she has still been squinting with her glasses on. the hospital gave me a box of sticky patches but we're having problems getting them to stay on, they keep peeling off (dd is not fiddling with them a pulling them off as i'm always nearby when she's wearing one). are they all like this or have we got a duff batch?.

in the 2 hour stint we are going through 2-3 patches a day. am thinking of making her a 'pirate' patch with some pink fabric and elastic instead

Furball Wed 20-Jun-07 17:17:23

No, I think you must have a duff batch. Ds's patches were like sticking plaster type material and also stuck like it too. ouch!

VeryBigCake Wed 20-Jun-07 17:19:18

dd3 has a soft patch whichcovers her glasses left lens instead

VeryBigCake Wed 20-Jun-07 17:19:53

but she has elmo

Dogsby Wed 20-Jun-07 17:20:12

cant believ they come off
ours were super strong

misspopov Wed 20-Jun-07 17:20:19

must be something wrong with the patches DDs are like sticking plasters and stay in place well hers are Ortopads and have bright patterns etc on them

lucykate Wed 20-Jun-07 19:57:34

it is the sticking plaster ortopads that we have, but i think they are old. they got them out of a dusty cupboard for me and i guess they may have been there for a while collecting dust and lost their sticky, def a duff batch.

she'd like them better if they had patterns on them, i'll ask for some different ones next time, she's there again at the end of july.

thanks for replies, am liking that link, will have a go at making her one of those patches that slips over the lense later , i can make it a 'lelli kelly' style patch, she'll love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now