Talk

Advanced search

Anal skin tag hell

(12 Posts)
somethingelsenow73 Sat 17-Nov-18 12:23:00

Hi there, looking for support on this. I have one anal skin tag. Had it for 3.5 years but it swelled up (dr’s say it is small though) a couple of weeks ago when I got constipated. It drives me to distraction. Not painful, no bleeding but if it is so uncomfortable to even walk around for more than 10/15 mins. It kinda feels heavy/ achy if I’ve been stood up for more than an hour. Hence my life is severely affected, I limit my movement and can feel it all the time. Saw a private consultant who said he’ll remove it under a GA but I am such a wuss- so worried about recovery, and getting through Christmas with kids if I have it done early Dec as he suggests. It’s really getting me down. I know it’s disproportionate. Has anyone got recent experience?

OP’s posts: |
Birdie6 Sat 17-Nov-18 12:49:24

Will you do need to get it removed, so if you're worried about Christmas , make an appointment for January.

I had some hemorrhoids removed, which would be similar , and it took about 2 weeks before I was really fine again.

somethingelsenow73 Sat 17-Nov-18 15:38:18

Thank you Birdie. How long did it take for you to be able to go out the house for short periods?

Littlegoth Sat 17-Nov-18 15:41:55

I had one of these and my GP froze it off with liquid nitrogen. Not pleasant at the time but over very quickly - is there no chance of your GP doing this? You have my sympathy a remember what a complete FPITA this was (pun intended! grin)

somethingelsenow73 Sat 17-Nov-18 15:58:50

Thanks littlegoth, it is really getting me down now. Spent most of the day in bed so that I don’t have the discomfort all the time. Ridiculous. I have read that these can be frozen off but it it doesn’t seem to be common practice across the board sad

Littlegoth Sat 17-Nov-18 17:46:31

sad

ChoudeBruxelles Sat 17-Nov-18 17:49:35

I had an anal skin tag removed 3 1/2 weeks ago. The op was fine. Very quick. I’ve had 2 1/2 weeks off work. It was painful for the first few days and I was scared to poo (despite the laxatives given to me at the hospitalto take after discharge). After that it was uncomfortable. I most had that amount of time off as I could sleep well. The discomfort would wake me up when I moved.

It’s sooo much better now. Glad I had it done.

Funnyface1 Sun 18-Nov-18 09:31:05

I had one removed last year. I was put to sleep and it was cut off and left to heal on it own. Bothered me for 8 weeks afterwards, then it was fine. Totally worth it, do it after Christmas.

somethingelsenow73 Sun 18-Nov-18 11:07:52

Choude and funny- how long before you could go out for short trips, walking around (slowly) for 15 mins or so?

Funnyface1 Sun 18-Nov-18 12:57:17

About 7 days for me. I had other bum stuff corrected at the same time though so it was a lot for me and I really had to take it steady.

ChoudeBruxelles Sun 18-Nov-18 17:33:35

I went for a short walk round the local shop a few days later. Was knackered afterwards though

Smoochie85 Sat 25-May-19 11:03:32

I’m due to have a large skin tag removed under GA and I’m petrified! I’ve read so many horror stories. How did the op go for you ladies?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »