Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical polyps.....Advice please.

(5 Posts)
skay Mon 18-Jun-07 11:29:52

Have had cervical polyps removed at the end of last month. Everything was O.K. until my period kicked in.
My period was supposed to have finished three days ago, but haven't stopped bleeding, Heavy Bleeding.
Is this normal????

skay Mon 18-Jun-07 13:33:22

Bump

MelissaM Mon 18-Jun-07 14:02:46

I have also had a cervical polyp removed recently, but am in late stages of pregnancy so haven't had any experience of a period after removal. I don't think you should have any unusual bleeding though, but there is a possibility of the wound/scar opening up if you overdo things, until it heals properly.
I am sure everything will be ok, but as the bleeding is outside your normal pattern, speak to your doctor, just in case.
Good luck.

skay Wed 20-Jun-07 20:01:19

bump

Kewcumber Wed 20-Jun-07 20:10:14

sorry I have no idea - I had a small one removed a few years ago but can;t really remember what the following period was like. I'd also see you GP if it isn;t easing off tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now