Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any doctors about? What is this?

(6 Posts)
YorkieDorkie Sat 11-Aug-18 22:38:37

Best photo I could attach...

Recently I've been getting a sudden swelling in tiny areas on my hand and it looks like a scar or burn. It really itches and turns white! The area feels swollen like it's full of fluid but I don't think it is. It only happens in the bathroom on an evening and I'm stumped!

It's clearly some kind of reaction but I can't find anything like it online. Never happened before I had my son (April) whether that's at all relevant.

Please help!

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sat 11-Aug-18 22:42:17

Hives?

fabulousathome Sun 12-Aug-18 14:48:55

Allergy to something you clean the bathroom with? Air freshener?

YorkieDorkie Sun 12-Aug-18 17:05:27

Just as simple as that? It's just started happening and I don't really use cleaners for the bathroom. I have special cloths 🤔

Geekynzmum Sun 12-Aug-18 20:28:51

It definitely looks like hives. It could be a contact allergen, have you got a new hand soap or cream? Could be something in them causing it. I had a few strange reactions to things after having my DD, apparently it's quite common.

dontknowwhattodo80 Sun 12-Aug-18 20:50:12

Pompholyx?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: