Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Red mark on breast

(11 Posts)
saltnvinegarchips Sat 11-Aug-18 15:36:18

I'm making a doctors appointment Monday for this, but has anyone seen a mark like this before? Freaking out a bit as I googled it (I know) and came up with inflammatory breast cancer.

It's not a pimple I don't think, it's ever so slightly raised.

saltnvinegarchips Sat 11-Aug-18 15:37:12

Sorry for terrible pic. It's redder irl

MrsEricBana Sat 11-Aug-18 15:39:30

Not to minimise, but honestly it doesn't look like anything worrisome at all. Nevertheless, you know your own body, so if it doesn't seem right then best to check. Hope all ok.

KathfromSalesandMarketing Sat 11-Aug-18 16:46:52

Does the red rash cover at least a third of your breast? No? Then it's not IBC.

saltnvinegarchips Sun 12-Aug-18 03:06:37

Cheers for the nasty response Kath

LEMtheoriginal Sun 12-Aug-18 03:57:50

I dont think kaths respibse was nasty. Just reassuring you that uts most likely nothing to worry about.

Do go to the dr but im pretty sure that is nothing sinister.

trickyboots Sun 12-Aug-18 09:19:47

Get it checked anyway. I don't think kath was being sarky. Definitely no new bras, tops, washing power or bites that it could be?

KathfromSalesandMarketing Sun 12-Aug-18 15:55:35

I wasn't being nasty, I was stating a fact that should have reassured you.

Tanfastic Sun 12-Aug-18 17:51:20

I agree that this is nothing to worry about. I personally wouldn't even bother a doctor with it unless you need that final reassurance but I can almost guarantee they will say nothing to worry about but may give you some cream to put on it.

I'm saying this because I had a similar thing on my boob last year and fretted like fuck after googling and ending up at yourfucked.com

Mine is still there, I think mine was an insect bite that I scratched and it left a red scar like mark. But googling "red mark on breast" almost always will throw up IBC. But as Kath says IBC covers a third or more of your breast very quickly. It's not slow growing.

Tanfastic Sun 12-Aug-18 17:54:13

Just to add I did go to the docs about mine, twice for a second opinion and was told both times nothing to worry about. I can understand why you are worried op, I'm a worrier too 😊

GreatDuckCookery Mon 13-Aug-18 22:47:38

It looks like a bite to me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: