Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Overdone it after surgery?

(9 Posts)
Kate8989 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:43:33

I had major endometrisos excision surgery 5 weeks ago. I’ve been a terrible patient and not really rested at all or taken any painkillers. This week I feel so run down, getting pain where they removed a golf sized lump of endo.
Do you think I’ve maybe damaged something or have I just interrupted the healing process by doing too much?
Thanks in advance x

IncrediblySturdyPyjamas Sat 11-Aug-18 14:44:15

Yes. Sit the fuck down and rest.

Kate8989 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:55:04

I’m really trying!!!! I get so bored after a few minutes but my body is saying stop. I’m also refusing to take painkillers- I’m mad! Lol xx

PerverseConverse Sat 11-Aug-18 14:57:38

hmm

Oblomov18 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:01:23

More fool you. Little sympathy I'm afraid.
Lol. hmm

Kate8989 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:01:28

I know I know!!!!! Own worst enemy x

Kate8989 Sat 11-Aug-18 17:13:41

Ive taken some paracetamol and ibruprofen and will continue to do so over the next few days. Fingers crossed things start to settle down x

Ollivander84 Sat 11-Aug-18 23:00:20

You need to rest. I'm an awful patient and ended up being discharged 21hrs after major spinal surgery because I'm stubborn. But if you don't take the painkillers and don't rest, you won't improve
So sleep, watch a box set, play candy crush, have another sleep, order takeaway. Make the most of it! If you're not in pain then obviously don't take the pain relief

Kate8989 Sun 12-Aug-18 10:48:14

Thank you!

I know you’re right. I’ve had a very restful weekend with a few good nights sleep so hopefully as the week progresses I shall start to feel better. It was my second op of the year so I think it’s been pure frustration I’ve missed out so so many things and at 28 years old I feel like this shouldn’t be happening to me.
I’m lucky that I only work part time and I don’t have a strenuous job so there hasn’t been any stress on the work front.
Here’s to a better week 🤞🏼 Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: