Talk

Advanced search

Worried about a mole

(11 Posts)
PepperAndPops Fri 10-Aug-18 21:40:35

I have a mole that was a bit itchy and then realised it has totally changed colour and grown - it's the only mole on my body that is raised and not smooth.

To look at it, it doesn't look particularly unusual it's definitely unusual for me.

Shit

Handbaghag Fri 10-Aug-18 21:43:26

Simples. See your GP. neither Google nor anyone on here is qualified to say anything else. If you're worried about it, see your GP. Hope you get some reassurance soon x

PepperAndPops Fri 10-Aug-18 21:54:21

I know, I will call them on Monday. I guess I don't really have a point to my post, just needed to write it down/tell somebody but didn't want to turn it into a "thing" in real life iyswim? It might be nothing

lljkk Sat 11-Aug-18 08:45:11

There are lots of types of harmless moles, you probably need an expert to figure it out.

Arcadia Sat 11-Aug-18 08:54:41

As PP said lots of things it could be but just get it checked out as you are planning to. I am lucky enough to have a dermatologist neighbour that I pop into with skin things sometimes (we help them out with other stuff!). I sometimes get a type of wart that raises and goes a bit hard then eventually peels off so it could be that. Pic attached ( not mine but from internet).

Arcadia Sat 11-Aug-18 08:55:42

Called geriatric warts - but I am 44 so was a bit shocked when he told me!

SlimmingMumOf1 Sat 11-Aug-18 09:04:13

Yes you need to go and see your GP. Immediately.

lljkk Sat 11-Aug-18 09:27:54

yeah, I get 'geriatric warts'; I think the first one when I was 32yo. I've never had them diagnosed, I just figure out I could peel it off & make it go away. Later on got curious enough to figure out what it was from Dr. Google. I spot them on other people sometimes.

PepperAndPops Sat 11-Aug-18 14:45:59

I don't think it's a wart, it's not hard at all. But wouldn't rule it out I guess.

The issue is once you google things like this - you end up convinced of worst case scenario!

lljkk Sat 11-Aug-18 17:23:37

geriatric warts aren't warts, it's a misnomer. They aren't even contagious (real warts are contagious). The proper name is seborrhic keratosis (I probably spelled wrong). It's a skin growth that appears, grows, scabs off. ime over 6-10 weeks. I get one in the same few places every 2-4 yrs.

I'm opposite, the more I google the lower chances of worst case scenario I see. Just too many billion other possibilities.

PepperAndPops Sat 11-Aug-18 19:28:56

Thanks, I've just googled seborrhic keratosis and actually it could be that. But will try and get to the gp tomorrow to check

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: