Talk

Advanced search

Genital Warts

(10 Posts)
embarrassingillnesses Fri 10-Aug-18 02:31:45

I have genital warts. I have had them treated over the years but they are still there. It's been 20 years. That's not normal. I also have IBS and internal haemorrhoids. I've had massive IBS flare ups for the past few weeks and noticed that my 'warts' if that's what they are, have grown. Does anybody know if there's a connection and what the hell is going on down there? I'm at a loss.

MrsFoxPlus4 Fri 10-Aug-18 02:34:04

If that’s what they are? Haven’t you been to a GP?

embarrassingillnesses Fri 10-Aug-18 02:41:37

I've seen my GP over the years and they have treated them as such. They are just not going away. I've kind of just learned to live with them. They haven't changed at all in the past.

Google is not helping at all just now. I don't know why I always google! I've only just noticed that there has been a change but, with my IBS flare up, there has been a lot going on down there. They are on my perineum but closer to my genitals than my anus. Sorry, TMI. blush

embarrassingillnesses Fri 10-Aug-18 02:44:20

The last time I had them treated, the GP looked shocked when I said I'd had them for as long as I had but he used cryotherapy on them. I'm assuming he knew that's what they were and didn't just take my word for it.

saltnvinegarchips Fri 10-Aug-18 04:32:50

You should go to a sexual health clinic rather than your gp. I had some frozen off years ago and they never came back. You need more than one treatment for a period of weeks/months.

Whackytaco Fri 10-Aug-18 04:55:31

Yep, agree with pp, you need to go and checked out at the sexual health clinic. I'm surprised your GP hasn't referred you there already.
Cryotherapy for genital and perianal warts is usually done over a period of weeks not a one off blasting.
You poor thing OP, it all sounds miserable for you down there.

embarrassingillnesses Fri 10-Aug-18 17:08:33

Thanks for your suggestions. Im so sick of it all. I'll make another appointment for next week and try to get rid of them once and for all. Im miserable with it all.

BrazzleDazzleDay Fri 10-Aug-18 17:18:53

Are you sure its warts? Its just that sometimes you can get skin tag sorta thingies near your bum, often alongside piles.

embarrassingillnesses Sun 12-Aug-18 02:58:24

I'm pretty sure. They are more wart like than skin tag like and, as I've said, I've seen a few doctors and I've also asked nurses when they were giving me smear tests so I hope I'm not just self diagnosing. They've not changed the whole time, until now. I'm just so confused about it all now. Everything I read says that they go by themselves but I've definitely had them for more than enough time. I've never been concerned until now.

embarrassingillnesses Sun 12-Aug-18 03:00:29

I'm just concerned after my google searches about lumps near the anus. It's scary stuff. Another docs appointment next week I think and insist they do something to get rid of these things once and for all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: